What do you all use for an alarm clock?

Posts
4,856
Likes
12,282
For awhile I have relied on my wife's alarm clock, but I am interested in something analog, but probably not mechanical. I don't want to use my phone.

I am sure you all have some cool alarm clocks. I would love see them.
 
Posts
24,803
Likes
55,106
How about this? Not a clock, but it's pretty loud if you leave it lying on the nightstand.



j/k. I actually use a digital clock with battery backup that syncs via satellite. Of course, the dogs always wake me before the alarm goes off. 🙄
 
Posts
1,699
Likes
1,654
Just a bedside clock radio. Wake up to the morning news, although the heat coming on usually wakes me first.
 
Posts
6,710
Likes
80,007
Mad Dog action figure [IT’S NOT A DOLL!] that sounds Metallica style reveille at zero-dark-thirty...

 
Posts
1,723
Likes
5,347
Mad Dog action figure [IT’S NOT A DOLL!] that sounds Metallica style reveille at zero-dark-thirty...


Brilliant!😁
 
Posts
422
Likes
884
I look at the clock before I go to bed, think of the time I need to wake up..... and I wake up. I hate alarms.... its worked perfectly for me for 40 years!!!
 
Posts
2,327
Likes
2,542
A late 50's LUX Wren mechanical alarm clock I cleaned and restored to operating condition awhile back. It's accurate to about thirty seconds per day. Seldom use it because it ticks so loud it will keep me awake.

Picture of one found on Ebay.
 
Posts
1,097
Likes
3,784
this guy... my Tomcat
.
I miss Alan, my alarmcat, and his escalating 3-step procedure for waking me up at dawn every morning: 1) Pillow Encroachment/Loud Sighing; 2) Aggressive Forehead Licking; 3) Sorry Was That Your Face I Just Bit

He’s still in business, I just don’t have custody anymore.
 
Posts
15,951
Likes
47,911
On the very odd occasion that I require something to wake me up in the A M, I use a digital clock radio. Seventy years ago (or so), the Sessions Clock Co. came up with a clock for females who were trying to get in the family way. It was an electric clock called the Lady Sessions as in the image. It was designed to help keep track of her “cycle”. No idea how it did that!

 
Posts
1,897
Likes
17,023
These are very reliable, and helpfully boot open the bedroom door when the mood takes them.
 
Posts
17,419
Likes
164,768
Fully serviced and running a treat and no it was not presented to me in Christmas 1944 😀

 
Posts
4,856
Likes
12,282
Fully serviced and running a treat and no it was not presented to me in Christmas 1944 😀


Love these old JLC clocks.
 
Posts
1,897
Likes
17,023
Fully serviced and running a treat and no it was not presented to me in Christmas 1944 😀

That is a handsome piece. Guess what I shall now be looking for over the Christmas period
 
Posts
2,597
Likes
5,666
I look at the clock before I go to bed, think of the time I need to wake up..... and I wake up. I hate alarms.... its worked perfectly for me for 40 years!!!
It works perfectly for me too... as long as I think of 10:00am.