Forums Latest Members

What do people think about Hublot?

1. WhiteThorn Jun 18, 2021

I love that watch, I love a watch where the mechanics are visible.

2. WhiteThorn Jun 18, 2021

Is this the big bang Aero Tungsten limited edition aerobang?

They are very gaudy "look at me" watches but I do love this one!

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 18, 2021

Absolutely, there are people out there that truly love them I'm sure, and for them, that's what important, not "resale value". These are collectors and enthusiasts, rather than investors.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 18, 2021

There are many brands that also have plenty of history that you could do the same for.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 18, 2021

I’d rather a zenith (their sister brand) than hublot

Mark020 likes this.
  6. Passover Jun 18, 2021

upload_2021-6-18_17-2-32.jpeg

7. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jun 18, 2021

Well Zenith have been pretty divisive lately... their heritage-based range appeals to audiences that are frequenting such formums as OF, while the rest of their recent Defy range, maybe a little less so.

I don't mind Hublot's designs, honestly. The first big bang was also technically interesting thanks to the unlikely association of the materials, so it had a real PoD for the market at the time. Still, in 2021, I would not buy/wear one as most of the people I see wearing them these years, mostly tourists here in Geneva, are people I wouldn't like to necessarily be associated with...

I did get a chance to attend a seminar with Biver that my company organized something like a decade ago, and he an incredible motivational speaker. I can definitely see a waterwalker like him take the brand where it is now, and I also sense Hublot lost some momentum since he left.

Regardless of what people think - if Hublot floats people's boats, all for the better, it would be boring if it were only for speedmasters and submariners :)

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 20, 2021

I would agree having been at a dinner with him and hearing him speak. No matter what people think of the watches, he is a pretty incredible guy with a track record few in the industry can match.

Lonestar likes this.
  9. omegatrend Sep 5, 2021

The simple ones can look pretty. The large and/or skeletonized ones just give me a G Shock vibe, hence I rather get a G Shock.

Lonestar likes this.
  10. tikkathree Sep 5, 2021

I quote your post for one reason only. I've recently taken delivery of a kickstarter funded watch which quite intentionally I specc'd to be as far from my normal run of dive watches, sports watches and three-subdial chronos; essentially it's a 300m WR dive watch of clunky proportions with a clear dial featuring the visible rotor, chunky bezel and rose gold pvd case. When I unpacked it and turned it over I told myself "Pete, this can be your hublot moment."