What bracelet is this?

Hello everyone,

I am Ciko from The Netherlands i am a newbie on this forum and this is my first post. I have acquired knowledge, inspiration and some watches on here and i am happy to be part of this community.

I have a Omega ref 166.0207 that i bought a few years ago. Back then i just started collecting vintage watches and wasn’t really that knowledgeable (still not there) got a little bit better tho!

With the watch itself there is nothing wrong. But after some time i found out that it wasn’t paired with the right bracelet.

i have found one example online but not allot of information.

Is there someone who could help me identify this bracelet, clasp and for which model it was intended to.

English is not my first language so apologies for the misspelling or wrong sentences.

Thank you in advance,
C

Hey, what makes you sure that this bracelet doesn't belong to this watch? Back then, bracelets were often made locally and not in Switzerland! I am not an expert on Omega bracelets for the export market, but I have seen bracelets for the export market. I can't tell you if it is an authentic example.

I would be more concerned about the dial, the lettering looks a bit like it was repainted. Mainly because of the general cleanliness and the Seamaster, Automatic and Swiss Made fonts. But it's hard to judge from just one photo.

But since you are a newbie: Don't let one or two problems with a VINTAGE watch spoil all your enjoyment of your timepiece. If you post a watch on a forum like this, the members will probably “pick apart” your watch and tell you everything that could be wrong. Even if they are right, it shouldn't kill the fun. These things are fifty years old, and changes have often been made for good reason. The one thing you shouldn't do is pay extra for a watch to be “mint” when it's really not.

That definitely appears to be a Holzer integrated bracelet for the Mexican market. It could be correct, so I wouldn't be too quick to replace it.

Bracelet is correct and as said above was made by Holzer for Omega as several were. Since you aren’t the original owner, you don’t know where the watch has lived over the last 50 years- it may have traveled the world far more than many of us.

Hey, what makes you sure that this bracelet doesn't belong to this watch? Back then, bracelets were often made locally and not in Switzerland! I am not an expert on Omega bracelets for the export market, but I have seen bracelets for the export market. I can't tell you if it is an authentic example.

I would be more concerned about the dial, the lettering looks a bit like it was repainted. Mainly because of the general cleanliness and the Seamaster, Automatic and Swiss Made fonts. But it's hard to judge from just one photo.

But since you are a newbie: Don't let one or two problems with a VINTAGE watch spoil all your enjoyment of your timepiece. If you post a watch on a forum like this, the members will probably “pick apart” your watch and tell you everything that could be wrong. Even if they are right, it shouldn't kill the fun. These things are fifty years old, and changes have often been made for good reason. The one thing you shouldn't do is pay extra for a watch to be “mint” when it's really not.

Thank you for the input, the dial looks indeed sloppy on the picture. The reason i am doubting is because of other same models on the Internet. They come on a different bracelet and i find the endlinks on mine quite sloppy.

I totally agree with you on the fun part, i wear this piece with fun.

That definitely appears to be a Holzer integrated bracelet for the Mexican market. It could be correct, so I wouldn't be too quick to replace it.
Thank you dan!

Bracelet is correct and as said above was made by Holzer for Omega as several were. Since you aren’t the original owner, you don’t know where the watch has lived over the last 50 years- it may have traveled the world far more than many of us.
Thank you

I think it’s also important to note that the watch and bracelet were heavily refinished at some point. If they took down a lot of metal trying to rebrush the bracelet and case, it could account for the loose fit. Plus these bracelets are folded links and over time they tend to get a lot of play (aka stretch). You can tighten them up a bit but it’s usually the pins inside that wear from decades of grinding and make the gaps between each section larger.