What Are You Watching Today?

About 5 years ago, October 24, 2014 computer scientist, Google's Alan Eustace broke the world record for highest free fall parachute jump from 41 kilometers (135900 feet) almost the upper edge of the stratosphere... no idea if he wore a wrist watch
As he described it... Google Earth in reverse :coffee:

Had it been me shortly after release I'd have first been making swimming motions and progressed to climbing an invisible ladder as in a Road Runner or Bugs Bunny cartoon.
That kind of movement can actually cut a few MPH off your terminal velocity.

Been a long time since I watched this miniseries. :)IMG_3440.JPG

Great miniseries. I own it as well. I did a rewatch leading upto July 16. To answer your question, my Speedy. But that is my answer every day! OK. I lied, sometimes its my Seamaster, but today it is the Speedy. Enjoy! :)

Ken Burns' [Edit: and Lynn Novick's] Hemingway just dropped yesterday, and is streaming for free (limited time, I believe) on pbs.org.

https://www.pbs.org/show/hemingway/

Not sure if it's locale-locked, so some may need to VPN to see it. Loved Ep 1, and can't wait to see the rest.

Like 2
I've been watching snippets of a PBS documentary on Hemingway, don't know where it came from. A very interesting man as well as a great writer.

The wife and I have been watching “1883” on Paramount Plus. Sam Elliot is typecast as a cowboy for a reason…

I just finished season 2 of Dominion yesterday only to discover that they have canned the 3rd season back in 2015!
Feel like I wasted my time, wouldn't have bothered had I known the story had no end to it.
So I downloaded seasons 4,5 and 6 of the Expanse ( already read the books) now that's decent sci fi.

For those with AppleTV, I'm watching Prehistoric Planet, and it's fantastic.

Narrated by David Attenborough, with hyper-realistic CG animations of creatures seamlessly cut with modern day footage. I've only seen episode 1, but was blown away by it.

It's precisely the type of distraction I needed right now.

upload_2022-5-26_22-5-45.png

Trailer on YouTube:

Like 1
Just finished the Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix, great show! We will be watching the new Top Gun movie later today, can't wait!

Like 1
I'm heavy into Babylon 5 on HBO ....Never gets old despite the primitive CGI, never stops being disturbing, particularly in the current political/social and economic climate.

More like being watched. Here’s the newest addition at my daughter’s farm. He’s only a few hours old, but definitely very curious and not camera shy in the least.
885F2B64-F589-449F-BA6B-523BE2DA6F81.jpeg

Like 2
Stranger Things, on flix most likely last season.

Working a dance show. Young and younger ballerinas. Maybe not what the op meant.

have fun
kfw

Bumping this one up for some recommendations. I have just finished watching the new Star Trek series (Strange New Worlds and Discovery). Both of them are pretty good.

Revisiting "Breaking Bad"... not disappointed.

Like 1