Forums Latest Members
  1. Caleb Kwok Aug 20, 2019

Hi Everyone,

I've been pretty much a lurker here in these forums for the last little while, but was convinced to actually sign up for an account when I figured out that I was actually addicted to watches. I need some help identifying a couple of watches that were just given to me today. My Grandmother bought this black dialed watch for my eldest Uncle in 1964, and I believe that it's a beat up Omega Seamaster 166.003. The strap is long gone, and the watch does not work. My watchmaker says that someone has stuck an aftermarket crown in it and that the crystal needs to be replaced. Is this a 166.003? Also, there's a cyclops on this model? I can't seem to find anywhere that indicates that this crystal had a cyclops on it. The second watch I have here is more confusing. It just says Omega Automatic on it, and my Uncle does not remember where he got it. It was not from my grandmother. It's super heavy though and my Watchmaker is telling me it's an unnamed 18k Solid Gold watch from the 50's with a broken seconds hand that he cannot replace. I'm planning to have both watches cleaned up and fixed with no polishing. Any insight? Thanks for letting me post.

IMG_7064.JPG IMG_7062.JPG IMG_7063.JPG