Forums Latest Members

Welcome to the Swatch & MoonSwatch Sub-Forum

1. FreelanceWriter May 20, 2022

Is this the first watch whose fake might actually provide an equally good or better movement?

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  2. cvalue13 May 20, 2022

no

the fakes are miserable POS (no surprise for something ‘competing’ with an original that costs only $260)

BTW, what’s a ‘better’ quartz movement? The MoonSwatch keeps far more accurate time than does the best Speedmaster ever made, absent any maintenance, for 1-10% of the price. Same would likely be true of even a ‘fake’ MoonSwatch quartz movement.

3. Walrus May 20, 2022

Finally saw a few fakes on Reddit. The owners were openly showing how crappy they look. The ones I’m seeing lack the colored planet battery port or whatever it is. So yes it does appear the fakes are pretty bad. My friend in Nevada is making a killing apparently there two swatch stores and one of them has received the highest allotment of moonswatches. Seems like he’s only get the bright colored ones thus far. He is a shameless flipper which I always scold him about but he couldn’t care less so it has become a running joke. I could probably get him to sell me one around cost but he’s gonna make me say “pretty please with sugar on top” and other such nonsense which I just ain’t feelin. Maybe if he had a straight black one I’d go as far as “sugar on top” but I refuse to degrade myself for Uranus or the sun.

4. FreelanceWriter May 25, 2022

I'm gonna get one of the blue ones for my wife and either Moon or Neptune for myself to wear as a beater whenever they become available for their retail price. I've had exactly two people notice and comment on my Speedy in the 13 years I've been wearing it; but I'm anticpating that, because of the recent publicity, the next time my Speedy gets noticed will be by someone who asks me whether it's one of those new Swatch Omegas.

5. pdxleaf ... Jul 14, 2023

6. watchem Oct 14, 2023

IMG_6341.jpeg A bit of fun.