Weems dial query

Posts
78
Likes
165
Curious about this one that’s coming to the auction block.
Is this the correct dial for what this purports to be?
I’d have thought it was a US dial as the style corresponds with those I’ve seen, as well as having “SWISS” rather than “SWISS MADE”. Found this reference pic of some known correct dials.
 
Posts
2,829
Likes
4,945
Good question, and I am not certain about the answer. I share your suspicion, regarding "SWISS" versus "SWISS MADE". Also, I would expect a non-luminous dial as shown in the Konrad Knirim image above.
 
Posts
913
Likes
2,318
This watch was summarised on the MWR as a U.S issued watch with a U.K issued case back.
 
Posts
78
Likes
165
Good question, and I am not certain about the answer. I share your suspicion, regarding "SWISS" versus "SWISS MADE". Also, I would expect a non-luminous dial as shown in the Konrad Knirim image above.
This watch was summarised on the MWR as a U.S issued watch with a U.K issued case back.
Ah, ok then. Thanks.