Watchmaker that service vintage Omega quartz movements

The only thing that will harm this movement will be a leaking battery so it would be best to insert it only if you wish to wear the watch.
Even a full battery can leak.
Besides even a quartz movement will be thankful for a service roundabout any 20 years.

How do you turn off a quartz Omega?

If you pull the crown out, not completely :eek:, but just as though you’re setting the hands ….

I was the underbidder on a 1342 yesterday. I did get a movement last fall for cheap. Still have not tried powering the circut. Did take it apart and clean all the gunk out of it. I think the seconds hand is snapped off at the tip. There is no battery clip, and a setting wheel might be worn. It came out in two pieces. (not the magnetic one - that is quite facinating.)

I still find it facinating how popular these are. Although there are several listed in the 150 range. Perhaps it is simply the Omega name that attracts.

At least I got a movement to play with. Must resist temptation to look for the broken parts (which are in my watchlist, but such can lead down a rabbit hole, And I do have a warren of Landeron chronographs...)

How do you turn off a quartz Omega?
Tell it you fancy her sister, the prettier Automatic, because let's face it we all do.
Edited: