Forums Latest Members

watchmaker and repairs for vintage omegas and others

1. TritonDND Sep 24, 2019

Hello all,

Been hanging around this forum for awhile now and it has been a daily source of great information and interest since I got into this hobby a few years ago. I have a few vintage omegas (Seamaster and Constellation) that are in need of some servicing. Hoping we could start a thread on reliable watchmakers in various areas that people have had good experiences with. I personally am in the New York City/Long Island area looking for someone reliable. Also for a vintage pie pan constellation, what is a reasonable service cost on the movement?

Does anyone here also have any experience with shipping their watches off to someone they trust not in the area? I'd prefer to stay local, but wouldn't be opposed to mailing my watches if the service is excellent.

Thanks,

2. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Sep 24, 2019

Greg Mogle is in New Mexico, now, Rolex trained and Omega expert. PM me for email address. He's serviced my (former) Speedmaster a number of times and I've never sent it back... something I can't say about Omega.

He's also done a 353 bumper and a 1910 trench for me.

Tom

3. aj_tucker Oct 3, 2019

+1 on this thread. I need a slight servicing in Manhattan. My newly acquired 105.003 has a misaligned register at 6 o'clock.

ed white.jpg