Watches and stick shifts

Posts
2,801
Likes
3,727
Just bought a new car, and it had to be a manual!



It’s a VW Jetta GLI - last manual car VW will ever make for the US market.
 
Posts
2,377
Likes
11,222
Just bought a new car, and it had to be a manual!



It’s a VW Jetta GLI - last manual car VW will ever make for the US market.
I almost got a GLI in January, but went with a new Elantra N 6 speed. Which I sold yesterday.
 
Posts
4,865
Likes
24,758
Just bought a new car, and it had to be a manual!



It’s a VW Jetta GLI - last manual car VW will ever make for the US market.
Nice! What color? I'll keep an eye out hah.
What did it replace?
 
Posts
2,801
Likes
3,727
I almost got a GLI in January, but went with a new Elantra N 6 speed. Which I sold yesterday.
I didn’t even cross-shop the Elantra - the body styling was too “young” for me and I still worry about Hyundai reliability. I cross-shopped the Civic Si and WRX, and preferred the price, feel, features of the GLI.
 
Posts
2,801
Likes
3,727
Nice! What color? I'll keep an eye out hah.
What did it replace?
Got the Monument Gray, which is more light blue than gray in my eyes. It replaced my 2004 Lexus SC430. I bought that to replace a 2007 Mustang with a manual about 5 years ago. I missed the standard transmission, so decided it was time to go back.
 
Posts
4,865
Likes
24,758
Got the Monument Gray, which is more light blue than gray in my eyes. It replaced my 2004 Lexus SC430. I bought that to replace a 2007 Mustang with a manual about 5 years ago. I missed the standard transmission, so decided it was time to go back.
Superb choice on the color! I wish they'd offer the more interesting colors on the Golf R.
 
Posts
155
Likes
130
Just bought a new car, and it had to be a manual!



It’s a VW Jetta GLI - last manual car VW will ever make for the US market.
Shame. As I think every driver should be able to drive stick