Forums Latest Members
  1. Jonnym28 Jun 8, 2021

Ha that's the plan post injury. More of a squat rack man myself but I'll do some wrist curls if necessary :whistling:

2. notchrishansen Jun 8, 2021

Ah.. PT recovery sucks.. gl.

Ps. Don’t know who Omega was targeting with the 38 but it looks pretty off from the moonwatch. The “Reduced” model looks so much closer. I doubt you’d recover your cost if you were to sell if you felt regrets.

3. Jonnym28 Jun 8, 2021

T
    Thanks

Agree about the 38, I don't like the bezel nor the dial. I wish they did a true moonwatch reduced version with the exact same features but just a bit smaller.

4. DoctorEvil Jun 8, 2021

I remember watching a YouTube video saying that Omega was targeting the Speedmaster 38 range at women but the presenter said it was ridiculous saying a 38mm size watch is only for women because lots of men could wear that size too.

Awetaylor likes this.
  5. Awetaylor Jun 9, 2021

Having worn a Sinn 356 for a couple of years, 38mm is a far more wearable than 42mm if you are more on the slimmer size.

Having tried on Black bay 58s, 36mm Longines, 40mm Explorer II, and 42mm Speedies, I have found that 39mm is the sweetspot for me with 40mm being the absolute peak.

And my wrist is 7"

This is a very interesting thread, it must be so difficult for brands to get that sizing right enough so that it covers most of their target audience

DoctorEvil likes this.
  6. DoctorEvil Jun 9, 2021

I agree. There's just such a huge range of wrist sizes and shapes.
    Personally, I think Omega got it pretty spot on years ago with the original blue Bond Seamaster Pro, which they produced in both 36mm and 41mm case sizes. Sadly, they don't make a midsize SMP anymore. Although the 36mm fit me welll, 38mm would have been my sweet spot.

7. hronists Jun 9, 2021

Speedmaster wear like 39mm watch and it was 39mm until Omega decided to measure case size on 2-8 axis.

8. Awetaylor Jun 9, 2021

I do find the new model Seamaster to be a chunky presence on the wrist , I used to pull off the Brosnen watches when I tried them on.

Not with these new ones

DoctorEvil and noelekal like this.
  9. Awetaylor Jun 9, 2021

I think I’ve misunderstood? So the watch diameter used to be smaller, or did they just changed the way they measured it?

10. Jonnym28 Jun 9, 2021

The extra 2mm in case size is measured to the crown guards. If you measure from 12-6 it's 39.xmm

11. hronists Jun 9, 2021

the watch is the same, Omega just changed way they measure diameter. that was a shock in early '00 when online communities found out, because of anything above 38mm was big, but above 40mm was considered HUGE :)

12. Awetaylor Jun 9, 2021

huh! you learn something new everyday

thanks

13. Lurk41 Jun 9, 2021

The Pro looks great on you. You should not hesitate to go for it if you like it better :thumbsup:

I have also a 6.25" wrist. I have a reduced instead of a Pro but I had the occasion to try a Pro and a FOIS, while wearing my reduced. So I could compare them. Obviously, the Reduced wears smaller. But there was no real difference between the FOIS (40mm) and the Pro (42mm) and I was surprised by how nice it wears. I actually liked the Pro better than the FOIS. I cannot explain why but the FOIS "only" felt like a big Reduced, which is weird because the Reduced design is closest to the Pro..

The lug to lug length of the Pro is around 47mm. It is less than many 40 or 39mm watches

14. notchrishansen Jun 9, 2021

Definitely agree that 38 is a great size (like the royal oak). I’m mainly criticizing the Speedmaster 38 line.. dial/bezel diamonds… etc. definitely looks like an attempt to go after ladies, but I think ladies looking for a speedmaster are looking for the sport look of the moon watch.

Like the perfect compromise is the trilogy 38.5 speedmaster. But what do I know, Omega got top people working on this.

DoctorEvil likes this.
  15. DoctorEvil Jun 9, 2021

Might it be possible that you preferred the Speedy Pro over the FOIS because the Pro is thinner? I've read a few posts of people saying they couldn't get comfortable with the thickness of the FOIS.

16. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jun 9, 2021

your killin me Larry.

17. Lurk41 Jun 10, 2021

Maybe... but I did not remember noticing any striking difference in height TBH. But I did not try them during hours either

18. Pazzo Jun 11, 2021

6.25" flat wrist just like yours.
    It fits fine, don't worry. Go for the Speedmaster.

ps - Close-up pics of watches on the wrist taken with mobile phones look bigger because of distortion.