Forums Latest Members
  1. Jonnym28 Jun 7, 2021

Hi All,

Apologies in advance if this is a slightly tired topic but I have recently been on the look out for a new watch and I have my eyes on the new Moonwatch.

The problem I have is that my wrists are fairly skinny at c6.25 inches and I'm slightly wary of the watch being too big for my wrist. This isn't ideal as I do really like the watch!

Please could I get your opinions on the new pictures below? I also included a picture of the 38.5mm speedy but wasn't able to get a mirror shot as the watch wouldn't stay in place

The 38.5mm would definitely fit on my wrist but I'm not the biggest fan of the dial nor the height of the watch. I really like the moonwatch and my only real concern is whether or not it is too large. I think I'm on the cusp? But opinions definitely welcome.

Thanks
    20210607_192348.jpg 20210607_191930.jpg 20210607_191138.jpg 20210607_150447.jpg

[​IMG]

20210607_150243.jpg
    destroid likes this.
  2. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jun 7, 2021

That Speedmaster Professional looks better fitted to your wrist in the photographs you provided than would some of the currently popular watches that appear as if one could mount a rubber tire on them and use them as a wheel for a city bus. Speedmasters are timeless and very attractive watches, substantial, yet not overwhelming. Nothing about it screams "oversized," at least not in my opinion.

But, don't let me be an enabler or nuthin.'

Edited Jun 7, 2021
    wagudc likes this.
  3. passingtime Jun 7, 2021

I actually just posted this same question a few days ago and got some really good responses. My wrist is slightly larger at 6.5 inches or 16.5mm but I had many people respond with pictures on that size wrist and they all looked fine. For what it's worth, I think it looks just fine your wrist. But most people will tell you that ultimately it comes down to how you like it, because you're the one who has to shell out the cash and look at it everyday. It's a nice piece. Good luck with your decision.

4. w@tcher Jun 7, 2021

The 38,5 suits you properly, but it don't find it as beatiful as the Professional.

Could you consider trying a Fois on your wrist?

wagudc, kingsrider and Foo2rama like this.
  5. Jonnym28 Jun 7, 2021

I agree, the 38.5 fits better but like you I just don't like the dial all too much.

I actually tried the FOIS recently, as I managed to find one in stock, but I feel it sits too high on my wrist.

20210607_200503.jpg
  6. Evitzee Jun 7, 2021

For a 42 mm watch the classic Speedmaster wears smaller than that, to my eyes. Most any wrist can pull off wearing one. The final arbiter is YOU, how does it look when you look down on your wrist? I think it looks fine on your wrist, but I'm not the one shelling out the money for it.

wagudc and noelekal like this.
  7. w@tcher Jun 7, 2021

As an owner of a Fois and a Speedy Professional (1861cal), i feel that they both have the same height case on my wrist.

My wrist is also small like yours ~16-16,5cm, but this was not a blocking point to own them both.

I feel that if you had taken a similar photo of the Fois like the others and not a profile pic of the case, you would be happy with the result.

In any case, it depends on you and the feeling that you get by wearing it.

8. Stripey Jun 7, 2021

It looks fine, you just need to adjust. I had this concern when moving to bigger watches several years ago, now I barely notice.

9. Jonnym28 Jun 7, 2021

Thanks for all comments so far.

While FOIS felt smaller, the height just felt a bit too awkward for me, which is similar to how I felt about the 38.5mm.

It seems like the speedy pro doesn't appear too large to your eyes so far but also keen for more thoughts!

Annoyingly my right wrist is actually bigger so I guess it means I can build my left back up at the gym post injury

Stripey likes this.
  10. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jun 7, 2021

That's it!

You can "grow into it."

Just more opinion, but I'd look right past that 38.5 to admire the Speedy Professional if both were side by side in a display.

11. SkunkPrince Jun 7, 2021

If you truly want a chronograph and you're worried about size, try to find a De Ville Prestige Chronograph, 4540.31, which is 36mm diameter:

s-l1600-1.jpg
    marco likes this.
  12. DoctorEvil Jun 7, 2021

The mirror shots of the Speedy Pro look fine to me. The lugs of the watch look like they fit within the outer margins of your wrist and the watch doesn't overpower your wrist. From what I've read, the new Speedy Pro's lug-to-lug is a teensy bit shorter compared to the old one. And being thinner than the FOIS also helps a smaller wrist. So if you want it, I'd say go for it.

wagudc likes this.
  13. DoctorEvil Jun 7, 2021

Agree with you on this one. When I first got my FOIS I was quite conscious of it's height and case size as my previous watch was a mid size Seamaster Pro. But now I'm very comfortable with it.

14. tooch Jun 7, 2021

Looks fine, just go for it if you like it! :)

15. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jun 7, 2021

Moonwatch!

Dude, your question is a good one so I hesitate to make this most vulgar comparison, but it is kind of like asking if these jeans make my butt look big?
    MooooNwatch for the win!

PS
    think strap and nato, the watch will take on a completely different look. MOOOONWATCH!::screwloose::::psy::
    Calling all @Mad Dog s

Edited Jun 7, 2021
    wagudc likes this.
  16. PhilF Jun 7, 2021

Ok, I feel your pain. I guess I have an average sized 7" wrist, I have both the 38mm Speedmaster and a new Moonwatch. I definitely didn't like the bracelet on the 38, and while the new bracelet on the Moonwatch is very nice, I've been unable to size it where it's comfortable in hot weather. The solution for me has been Omega leather deployant straps. Both watches wear much smaller, here's my Sapphire Speedy on a strap, hopefully this will give you a different perspective. 20210601_163154.jpg

Edited Jun 7, 2021
    Awetaylor and noelekal like this.
  17. Lex_Lugga Jun 7, 2021

Same size wrist as yours and the moonwatch works just fine. Mirror pics look like it’s a good proportion for as well.

18. Jonnym28 Jun 8, 2021

The strap could be a good idea as I did like the look of the FOIS and I understand the case diameter from 12 o. Clock to 6 is the same aside from the crown guards.

The more I look at the pics, coupled with responses, the more inclined I am to pull the trigger in the next few weeks. Will see if a discount is on the cards.

19. pete91m Jun 8, 2021

Pull the trigger my man!! Looks absoltely spot on in the photos and as some have already said, I think it wears a bit smaller than the 42mm. My wrist is around 6.75cm and feel it wears totally fine on me.

If you buy anything other than the Moonwatch you'll forever look down on it and wish it was the Moonwatch. That is at least, how I rationalised and finalised on my purchase.

Report back and post pics if and when you do make the purchase!

PhilF likes this.
  20. notchrishansen Jun 8, 2021

Eat red meat and pick up some dumbbells broham. I’ve seen ladies wear moonwatches.

kingsrider and Jonnym28 like this.