Forums Latest Members

Watch servicing recommendation near Toronto, Ontario

1. OmegaAm Dec 27, 2018

My go to guy is gone and hasnt stated a return date and Im hoping someone can point me in the right direction, ideally with costs. I have an early 60s Seamaster automatic that needs a general service, crystal changed and crown changed as well. I have already acquired both the crystal and crown and just need everything swapped. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

2. Toishome Dec 27, 2018

This topic been discussed a few times in the past. Run a search and you should find the threads.
    Good watchmakers are a few and all busy and the crappy ones you don't want.

3. downtownbobbyb Dec 27, 2018

Check out squireswatches.com in London ont

4. OmegaAm Dec 27, 2018

I figured, i searched and the results page kept not loading so it wasnt for a lack of effort maybe just a lack of good internet

5. Toishome Dec 27, 2018

OmegaAm likes this.
  6. Fusion Dec 27, 2018

I know my man @Archer lives in Canada. He is a staple in this community as well as a bangin' watchmaker. I have personally had several pieces serviced by him and he goes the extra mile. If his doors are still open for business, look no further. Many of us are from the US and go through the trouble of shipping our precious watches across the border patrol for his service!

OmegaAm likes this.
  7. OmegaAm Dec 27, 2018

He is but he said he is currently booked full, with a reputation like that its understandable for sure

Fusion likes this.
  8. Emerson905 Dec 27, 2018

While not really near Toronto I have sent a few watches to Ultra vintage out of Ohio. If archer is not available he would be my first choice.

9. wallaby-dan Dec 28, 2018

Shane Ede runs a workshop out of his house near downtown TO. He fixed an old Fortis Trueline ETA of mine once when no one else would touch it.

Cheap and cheerful repair, watch still runs like a dream

WhatYourWatchSay likes this.
  10. WhatYourWatchSay Dec 29, 2018

Another recommendation for Shane :thumbsup:

Shane's also very good at fixing mistakes other watchmakers have made, and for considerably less money.