Watch resolution for 2024 already thrown overboard

I've set my watch objectives for 2024 in the great thread by @Davidt. I breached all three before the end of January: spending less time looking for new watches, selling pieces (plural) before buying a new watch, and being more focused.

I recently bought an Omega reference that, until I saw it, hadn't even known it existed (that's for being focused). It's an Omega Seamaster 165.011, so a 60s Omega, which is no longer my hunting period. In fact, I only properly researched it after the purchase :whipped:. So why the rash move? Because it's so beautiful, I kept going back to the listing.

It's still retains the design elements of the 50s that I like, e.g. the case shape with beefy lugs and the more playful dial layouts. I particularly like the lozenge shaped hour markers. On the other hand, it already sports the "more modern" 552 calibre. What I also find very attractive is the finishing of the dial with concentric circles, which are pretty hard to capture, as opposed to the more common sunburst dials or vertical lines. A big plus is also the larger size that gives a great wrist presence. Mine has diameter shy of 36mm (but interestingly I see different sizes indicated online ranging from 35mm to 36.5mm).

IMG_5307.jpg

What are your first watch "sins" of the year?

Like 15
To quote the Jimmy Carter… “I have lusted in my heart” only.
Edited:

To quote the late Jimmy Carter… “I have lusted in my heart” only.
Eh, Jimmy Carter is still alive. He's 99.

Like 1
Eh, Jimmy Carter is still alive. He's 99.
Forgot it was the wife who passed recently. Sorry Mr President.

Like 1
Don't worry about it. You still have 11 months to break your resolutions again.

Like 3
Well, I'm in the same boat sir.
Except I did not expose my resolutions to all OF - but if I had, it would have been the same as yours.

In Jan, I bought another watch, not sold one (staying with way too many watches to wear regularly) and ... I feel nearly completely fine with it :)

The only thing I did better though is that the watch I bought was on my list... as an improvement/upgrade of one I already have :cool:.
The worst is that I feel I have missed several nice watches here in the last 2 weeks that I regret not to have bought !

Like 1