Forums Latest Members
  1. bubba48 Oct 27, 2020

Until the 60s there was a famous jewelry store in Buenos Aires based in Calle Flores: Walser, Wald y Cia.
    Jewels and important watches with their brand often appear in international auctions, but I was not able to find neither photographs nor advertisements of this company.
    It seems that during the WWII the firm entered the list of the financiers of Germany and was involved in other events related to Nazism.
    But no images and no advertisements: possible?

Is there anybody who can give me some information?

Clipboard01.jpg

walser 9.jpg

TheSilverFund-French-Art-Deco-Clock-with-Lapis.jpg

walser 11.jpg

walser 12.jpg

Clipboard01111.jpg

2. imageWIS Oct 28, 2020

They were Patek's official importer of watches into Argentina, and I'm assuming of other brands as well. There are several famous Patek's that were specially ordered / made for the firm in the 1920's and 30's. As they have long been out of business, AND were only important in Argentina, you'd probably would have to scour the records of La Nacion or Clarin which almost certainly haven't been digitized in any way.

I'm from Argentina and fluent in Spanish and yet I haven't found anything on the internet either about their history... which is pretty much par for the course for companies that haven't existed in decades / are pre-internet.

3. bubba48 Oct 28, 2020