Vulcain Cricket Model Number or Year?

Hello forum,

I recently acquired a beautiful old Vulcain Cricket as a gift for my wife and am struggling to find more information about the watch.

I’ve read the articles out there and done extensive google image searches etc but haven’t come across a model quite like it.

I *think* it’s from the early 50s based on the dial and logo style but would love to learn more. Pictures below, unfortunately I don’t have any pictures of the movement or inside of caseback.

Thank you, these watches are amazing! Surprised they aren’t more popular.

There one for sell on eBay just like it only thing different the crowns are different and the one on eBay a little beat up yours in much better shape. There around. Not much about the model in the eBay sales ad.

There one for sell on eBay just like it only thing different the crowns are different and the one on eBay a little beat up yours in much better shape. There around. Not much about the model in the eBay sales ad.

Thanks! I saw that one.. not much out there on these watches other than the few articles from Eric Wind, Hoodinkee etc. I'll try to get the case off one day to see what markings are on the inside.

They usually use an A SCHILD movement in these. Forget the calibre.

Thanks! I saw that one.. not much out there on these watches other than the few articles from Eric Wind, Hoodinkee etc. I'll try to get the case off one day to see what markings are on the inside.
There are a variety of collectors guides and even books on Vulcain Crickets. It's a very popular vintage model amongst collectors. With some research, you should be able to identify the reference by focusing on the details of the case. Each reference had a number of dial variations, so don't get hung up on that. Of course, opening it up would speed the process.

He doesn't contribute often, but you could try sending a PM to @CDCD. He wrote the article you mentioned on the Wind site.
Edited:

Surprised they aren’t more popular.

Think they are fairly popular I have 2 currently

They usually use an A SCHILD movement in these. Forget the calibre.
I think both of mine are Vulcain Cal 120. I could be wrong but I thought this was an in-house movement?

I believe that the one I have has a Cal 120 movement but I need to verify.

Thanks for the replies, I’ll try to find the book!