Forums Latest Members
  1. Luca.P Jan 8, 2020

Hi folks!
    I´m trying to find out a little bit more about the boxes and papers of Vintage Speedmasters, mostly those with the Cal. 321. There are a lot of sellers that claim to include the original box in the sale and most times its complete bullshit but sometimes it looks legit but I can never tell if the box matches the exact model. Does anybody maybe know a good resource for this stuff or maybe still has the original box/papers of his speedy?

The only thing I could find was the box I attached below showed up a lot in connection with the reference 105012.

Cheers!

Box and papers 105012.jpg
  2. Noddyman Jan 8, 2020

3. Luca.P Jan 8, 2020

4. ndgal Jan 8, 2020

Keep in mind that boxes were not all the same, even for the same reference watches from the same year. They varied by region/market.

Just a quick example, here is a one owner 145.012-67 from Australia:

[​IMG]

And here is a one owner 145.012-67 from the US:

[​IMG]

Another thing to keep in mind is that the dealers were actually the ones who put the watch into the presentation box so they just could have grabbed whatever.
    (still true till today. Watches are shipped from the factory in a plastic blister and put in the presentation box by the AD at the time of purchase)
    Way less attention or importance was given to the box (or papers) back in those days. Heck, most people threw them away to the trash as soon as the got back home...

5. Luca.P Jan 9, 2020

@ndgal, that would certainly explain why there is so little information about this stuff. So did Omega just send the ADs some watches and some generic Omega boxes and the ADs mixed and matched how they felt like doing or did each model have a matching box but the ADs didn´t care and put the watch in the box that was just at hand?
    Also I noticed the guarantee papers of those two ref 145012 are not the same - is this the same case as with the boxes or is there a different reason for that?