Vintage Seamaster Original or Redial???

Hi everyone, I'm new to posting on the forums, but have always been viewing posts here and there. I have always wanted to get a vintage Seamaster, but have never been able to put funds away for it until now. Now that my birthday is coming up, I want to treat myself and get your thoughts on whether or not everything looks good on this piece. From what I see, everything looks good to me, but I don't feel like I am trained enough to tell whether or not a piece is a redial. The price is at $550, does this seem like a fair price? Thanks!image_6483441 (1).JPG image_6483441 (2).JPG image_6483441 (3).JPG image_6483441 (4).JPG image_6483441 (5).JPG image_6483441.JPG

For $550 is is pretty good. Light pitting on the case back is not visible during wear. Mvmt. Seems taken care off in the past. Original rotor. Polish the scratches from the crystal and wear it. The dial , to me , is not 100% clear with the picture. My guess is on original so far. Check the gold plating on the outer rim of the case top between 12 and 1 o'clock.

Are there lume pips on the hour markers? I cant magnify enough to tell. If no, then hands may be replaced-
I do not see a caseback gasket

Are there lume pips on the hour markers? I cant magnify enough to tell. If no, then hands may be replaced-
I do not see a caseback gasket

Lume dots seem to be there. Look at the 11 o'clock markers back. Gasket ? 59 cents.

Yes I think I see it. May need new glasses. If I don’t see Caseback gasket I worry it may have been missing for long time, but the movement looks good so I’ll drop it and pay the 59 cents for a new one!

550 $ for a nice 14K Seamaster is a steal. Dial is original, so is the crown. Hands may have been relumed, but probably for a reason. I don't like skeleton hands either.
Go for it.

I think it’s gold filled, not solid gold but still very nice

Relumed hands, Service crown, missing gasket… all minor niggles. If you’re after a 50s Seamaster and you want the gold looks for little money it doesn’t usually get much better than this.

I like the watch but i think you should go for a stainless steel version. The gold filled watches are not very desirable for many persons. I also think that a more apropriate price will be 400-450 USD.