Forums Latest Members
  1. janice&fred Dec 13, 2019

"in the vintage world"? how do you define vintage? how many dealers can provide complete sets to every 30 to 60 year old watch they handle? most were thrown away decades ago. also how do you define "provenance"? obviously a dealer will know who they bought their inventory from and without those precious items in your "complete packages" the person who sold the watch to the dealer could basically say anything they want about it's history.

most vintage dealers' inventory is not going to include much for provenance and complete sets are not the norm by a long shot. if you don't like a dealer for whatever reason you may, at least base your position on fact. over the years I have seen HQ Milton's ads and aside from their penchant for fluffing up their stock via polishing I never got the impression they sold junk. it's not fair to outright attack that business with your over-the-top statements. if it wasn't for vintage dealers this hobby would lose it's momentum.

2. Fabrice M Dec 13, 2019

fair enough. I have my opinions, which you may not share and that’s what forums are about sharing opinions, no.? Most of the dealers in vintage watch I deal are on Rolexpassionmarket. You can check some of them out, and you will see a difference in the quality of their offerings. If you like HQ Milton, then you should continue doing business with them. We all look for different things and have different needs. And that’s okay. Cheers.

3. fergusm Dec 15, 2019

Lovely watch, congrats! What reference is it?

4. Börn Dec 15, 2019

I actually traded it in with some extra funds and purchased this.

This is a mid 80’s ref 16030. I love the blue.

D1050F5A-21BA-47E6-BBD1-2DDAE388E999.jpeg
    TropicConnie likes this.
  5. killer67 Jan 22, 2020

+1 so many recut cases from LAWW at HQM