Vintage Omega, Women’s Seamaster

Hi, I’m new to vintage watches. I found a vintage lady’s Omega Seamaster on eBay (maybe, it might not actually be that, lol). Something about it looks off to me. Is anyone able to tell me if it’s authentic? I’d greatly appreciate it!

It's real. DIal might be original.

Not very attractive....

HA! Yeah, I’m trying to figure out why that is. Why do you think it unattractive?

thanks for your help by the way!

HA! Yeah, I’m trying to figure out why that is. Why do you think it unattractive?

thanks for your help by the way!
It's a personal thing, really. Many of their lady's watches are well thought out with a nice dial layout, and so forth. This is a scaled-down version of a men's Seamaster, which is actually quite wearable for women these days.

Alas, they cost more. These are quite inexpensive because the demand is low.

It's a personal thing, really. Many of their lady's watches are well thought out with a nice dial layout, and so forth. This is a scaled-down version of a men's Seamaster, which is actually quite wearable for women these days.

Alas, they cost more. These are quite inexpensive because the demand is low.

It does seem a little bit, idk, “thrown together”, to me the logo on the front looks weird and the dial seems cluttered. Kind of goes alone with what you said about it being a scaled down version vs the men’s. It is very cheap like $99 USD. Lol. I was thinking it could look decent with a different band. Do you think it’s worth that, like honestly?

By the way I really appreciate your time! You’ve been so helpful.

I’ve been thinking about getting something like these:
Do you happen to know or have an idea of what a fair price for something like this would be?

Looks real to me also! The crown throws me off a little because it’s so thick, which is also why you might think something is off. A similar spec I found: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2753487169...utefKpZQYC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

You might be right, that could be right. For me it was the logo on the dial, it looked off to me? Then again I am a novice, LOL! Thanks for your comment and your help, very much appreciated!

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Just about any of those would be fine at $100. You might look for a Saphette.

Just about any of those would be fine at $100. You might look for a Saphette.
Wow okay, the two photos I attached, the watches have some diamonds in them. Sellers on eBay are listing them for like $200-$300. Is that an unfair price? I certainly don’t want to be ripped off. Thanks so much for the suggestion, I’ll definitely check that out!

You might be right, that could be right. For me it was the logo on the dial, it looked off to me? Then again I am a novice, LOL! Thanks for your comment and your help, very much appreciated!
That looks okay, maybe tarnished with age. No worries, you can always spend some time on Google to try and do your due diligence and see if there are any glaring differences!

That looks okay, maybe tarnished with age. No worries, you can always spend some time on Google to try and do your due diligence and see if there are any glaring differences!

Google is definitely a friend. I have to say though the replies I’ve gotten in on this site are invaluable and so very appreciated. Thank you so much!

I'm on the fence about the dial being original on the Seamaster.

Do you have a clear photo of the inside of the case back?

I wish I did, it’s a seller on eBay. I can definitely ask them. Thanks for your reply!

Slow down, be patient, ladies Omegas are plentiful.

You really need to decide what style of watch you're after, price is going to be dependent on style, case material, condition, condition being the most important.

LOL, yeah, good call. I start looking and then I can’t decide because I could see myself owning different types. It’s overwhelming sometimes.

Do you have any suggestions or recommendations?

Wow okay, the two photos I attached, the watches have some diamonds in them. Sellers on eBay are listing them for like $200-$300. Is that an unfair price? I certainly don’t want to be ripped off. Thanks so much for the suggestion, I’ll definitely check that out!
I found a ring in my oven with diamonds on it. It was worth about $50. 😀

How sad is it that this poor ring sat in that oven for 4–5 years before I found it!

I found a ring in my oven with diamonds on it. It was worth about $50. 😀

How sad is it that this poor ring sat in that oven for 4–5 years before I found it!

haha! Okay, I see your point. Hey, $50 is $50 though, not a bad find lol.

I just gave one of my nieces this Hamilton "cld" (Sealed, get it?)

Insanely inexpensive compared to Omega and no less quality by any means. This model is late 40s, "Langdon", and is much smaller than modern men's watches. There are plenty of lady's and some men's watches I think you might like if you don't insist on one of the most famous watch companies. 😀

I just gave one of my nieces this Hamilton "cld" (Sealed, get it?)

Insanely inexpensive compared to Omega and no less quality by any means. This model is late 40s, "Langdon", and is much smaller than modern men's watches. There are plenty of lady's and some men's watches I think you might like if you don't insist on one of the most famous watch companies. 😀
Lovely to hear you’re getting the next generation involved!