Forums Latest Members

SOLD Vintage Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022-76

1. Dash1 Feb 2, 2021

I'll be very sad to see this one go, but needs must.

A very original Speedmaster 145.022-76, Cal.861, with a 1171 steel bracelet and box. Delivered to London in September 1977. IMO this is a very attractive example, it's one that I occasionally get out of the box just to look at.

Here are some personal observations on each part of the watch, but please study the photos and PM me any questions that you might have (or if you notice that I've missed something important out.)

Dial: A stand out feature of the watch, it has aged very nicely and is a pleasure to look at. Original tritium lume in excellent condition. It's the rare 'C2' dial, correct for this reference. Studying the photos I can see a light whiteish mark near the centre of the hour counter and a feint mark visible only at certain angles, running from the minute sub dial to the '4' hour marker, but I hadn't noticed these in normal use. Overall a stunning dial imo.

Hands: Correct, original and retaining their original tritium lume.

Bezel: Another stand out feature of the watch, imo one of the nicest Speedy bezels I've ever seen. Evenly faded to a perfect grey, it compliments the dial. No damage to the insert, only light marks to the rim.

Case: has been previously polished and there are some light marks & dings, but no damage or corrosion.

Case-back: Un polished I think. Has some marks but no damage or corrosion.

Crown: Correct type for the year. 24 tooth.

Bracelet: Original 1171 with 633 end links. Correct vintage type with trapezoid logo and screw links. Probably had a previous polish but is in very good condition. Came with the watch and not added by me.

Dust cap: Superb condition, correct style for the watch.

Crystal: Genuine Omega with the logo, in good condition. Only very light marks.

Movement: Looks to be in superb and very clean condition. The serial number was checked at the Omega archives and was delivered in a Speedmaster 145.022 to London in September 1977. Last service is unknown.

Box: Correct type for the model and came with the watch, not added by me. Average condition.

So, a very attractive vintage Speedmaster in very original condition, complete with bracelet and box. Currently keeping good time and all functions working, but last service is unknown and I offer no guarantees of it's ongoing functionality. I am only selling as I need to raise some funds, so am not keen on a return, however if I have grossly misrepresented the watch and it is not visible in the photos, I will of course provide a full refund on return of the watch in the same condition that it was sent.

Priced at £4,750 (net) including the bracelet, box and worldwide delivery. Thank you for looking and to OF for the space.

The photos have been taken in a range of different natural light.
    DSCF4858.JPG DSCF4842.JPG DSCF4839.JPG
    DSCF4853.JPG DSCF4851.JPG DSCF4852.JPG DSCF4867.JPG DSCF4860.JPG DSCF7001.JPG DSCF7008.JPG
    DSCF7011_LI.jpg DSCF7015.JPG
    DSCF7018.JPG

Edited Feb 3, 2021
    Teula, stevenyoo, rkman11 and 27 others like this.
  2. Dash1 Feb 7, 2021

Bumpy

3. Dash1 Feb 14, 2021

Sold. Many thanks to buyer and OF.