Vintage Omega Speedmaster 145022 Query - New to forum

Thats is the only one.. the odd thing here is I don't think they would deny it over the -74 as the extract would typically only ever say 145022.

You can write to Omega support and they will eventually get back to you.

Yeah I believe you're probably right. I've contacted them today and hopefully hear back soon.
To be honest it's still a good vintage Speedy, it's a cal 861 movement in great condition. The case, caseback, bezel, dial, hands etc are all in great condition too for a nearly 50 year old watch. I know it's still an original speedy and I'll be keeping it regardless. It's one of my favourites.
I was just looking for some advice. Thanks for all the help everyone.

I agree but I don't believe that I was saying anything more than what I'd be looking for and this one wouldn't be it.
Nothing against you. Just trying to say that:

- it might be indeed a sn for a Seamaster
- but it might well be a sn for a Speedmaster and the reason for not delivering the extract is possibly the shift between its production date (probably 1971/1972) and the caseback date. Now it is well known that many 71 and 74 in 31.0, 31.3 and 31.6 were DELIVERED much later than produced, 1974, 1975 and even 1976.

No offence taken. In fact I enjoy you sharing your knowledge.

Are you 100% sure you submitted the correct serial number and there are no 1s or 7s in the number which are misrepresented for example. This is potentially another reason an extract was not issued by submitting an invalid serial number.

Are you 100% sure you submitted the correct serial number and there are no 1s or 7s in the number which are misrepresented for example. This is potentially another reason an extract was not issued by submitting an invalid serial number.

Too late to check now but I'm sure I would have triple checked it

I wanted to share an update. I actually requested this extract 2 years ago, the first time back then when I messaged them I didn't get a response.
I've only just chased it up again. I asked the question whether the movement belonged to another watch model altogether or simply another Speedmaster with another reference. I asked if it was possible the caseback had just been changed during a service.

Anyway they said they'd look into it and replied. See attached pictures. First response and then when they looked into it.

They also refunded the full amount due to the mistake.

I wanted to share an update. I actually requested this extract 2 years ago, the first time back then when I messaged them I didn't get a response.
I've only just chased it up again. I asked the question whether the movement belonged to another watch model altogether or simply another Speedmaster with another reference. I asked if it was possible the caseback had just been changed during a service.

Anyway they said they'd look into it and replied. See attached pictures. First response and then when they looked into it.

They also refunded the full amount due to the mistake.

well that’s good news all around. Shame they botched it but good they finally made it right.

well that’s good news all around. Shame they botched it but good they finally made it right.

It's great news, especially after so long. Cheers for suggesting to chase it up, with it being so long I likely wouldn't have done it again after no response.

I was reading the other day about how the Omega heritage team work and its very interesting, a very lot of paper records and old systems used. I wonder if it was just the 74 on the case reference then or something that through them or just a simple mistake by them.

Probably just not enough coffee that day!

The time I got them on the phone the woman on the other end was very helpful and kind.

My mistake I thought this was a stepped dial when the minute markers are lower that the main dial but I've been told it's not.

Hi, I’m going through the same problem . I’ve had some really good help from members here trying to sort out the age of my watch.
The case back is 145.02271
The Ref No on the original paperwork when bought in March 1973 is 32192041 and has always been in my family, but the movement Ref No is 31000761 which I think dates it to 1969. If I apply for an extract should I also just quote the movement No and not the case back No. TIA

Interesting: I know the movement number for sure but, if my recollection is correct, and maybe the model number too?
If someone has the an extract application or knows what's what, please chime in.
What happens if the serial number and the model number don't match? I'll bet that's happened more than once.

Hi, I’m going through the same problem . I’ve had some really good help from members here trying to sort out the age of my watch.
The case back is 145.02271
The Ref No on the original paperwork when bought in March 1973 is 32192041 and has always been in my family, but the movement Ref No is 31000761 which I think dates it to 1969. If I apply for an extract should I also just quote the movement No and not the case back No. TIA

So they've wrote the wrong serial number on the original paperwork if it doesn't match your serial number from your movement?, unless the movement has been changed but if its been in your family you'd likely know if that had happened.
If you ask for an extract I think you'd get one if you just give them the model as 145.022 and the serial from the movement inside the watch

So they've wrote the wrong serial number on the original paperwork if it doesn't match your serial number from your movement?, unless the movement has been changed but if its been in your family you'd likely know if that had happened.
If you ask for an extract I think you'd get one if you just give them the model as 145.022 and the serial from the movement inside the watch

I think that’s my only option ATM. I know my uncle that left me the watch had work done on it, The stepped dial was changed at some point unfortunately and replaced with a service dial as well as the hands.

Serialnumber seems correct for a 145022-74, however it might be a replacement movement which came from another model (e.g. Seamaster).

Serialnumber seems correct for a 145022-74, however it might be a replacement movement which came from another model (e.g. Seamaster).

Hi, it's been confirmed omega made a mistake and it was indeed correct. Thanks