Forums Latest Members
  1. alexkovac88 Sep 2, 2019

Seaborg likes this.
  2. Taybharr Sep 2, 2019

I believe this one has been on eBay a while and hasn’t sold. Very rough condition in my opinion. I would avoid unless it was very cheap or you needed movement and parts for some reason.

3. alexkovac88 Sep 2, 2019

Yep! It's been on ebay for a while. It's 2,895 USD.

4. tyrantlizardrex Sep 2, 2019

Welcome to the forum @alexkovac88!

Would be interesting for us to hear what you think of this 145.022-74 ST. :thumbsup:

For the condition, is the price reasonable? Is it reasonable enough that you want to buy it?

Do you find it attractive enough to spend the asking price, or would spending more on a better condition watch make you happier in the long run?

alexkovac88, airansun and Davidt like this.
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 2, 2019

Will need a service, so factor that into the purchase price you are willing to pay...

6. skipper Sep 3, 2019

Yes, it's rough, but, as an honest 'daily' Speedy, after a service / clean up, I actually rather like it...at the right price. And I'm not convinced 33-3400 usd after service is that price, mainly due to that 5 o'clock lug, but also concern about movement condition, as appears to be some pitting on the edge of the case back.

7. hick8711 Sep 3, 2019

After factoring in $450USD or so for a service you're in the $3300 range. There are better examples out there for that price that are functioning well.

8. alexkovac88 Sep 4, 2019

Thank you for your kind words!
    I'm so glad I'm part of this awesome community now.

Regarding the watch itself, I've previously contacted the seller asking him about the service history. Unfortunately, he's got no info on that so yes- a 400-500$ service would have been inevitable... I have not bought the watch because I share opinion of couple of other members of the forum. The price is too high for that specific example and I'll continue my hunt for a decent vintage speedy (at a reasonable price).

The thing that I love about this one, though, is that it looks completely original (dial, hands, pushers, crown, movement obviously as well as the bracelet) and if it wasn't for that wrecked lug and some other minor details- I would have probably gone into serious negotiations with the seller.

I love the patina and the scars the watch bears... and I know it's a big cliche but that's what gives the watch that character, or should I say charm... and separates it from the rest of the pieces. However, when these scars interfere with the functionality of the watch itself (and the seller doesn't recognize that as something that should definitely influence the price), well then- I'm left with no other option but to continue my search and research.

English is not my first language (I'm from Croatia but moved to NYC a month ago) so I apologize if some parts don't make sense.
    Thank you for your respond!

tyrantlizardrex and DotOverNine like this.
  9. Ville_W Sep 4, 2019

You always have to include cost of service in the budget unless seller can’t prove that it’s done. This isn’t unique for this watch. Nevertheless the price is high considering the condition.

alexkovac88 likes this.