Forums Latest Members
  1. CMcG Jun 13, 2020

Hi guys. I need to know wheater is this old omega real or fake. I have good deal on it. I am sorry to start new thread since there are many same but I dont have that much time to wait till I get noticed in some big thread. Need advice ASAP. Thanks.

Screenshot_20200613-083741~2.png Screenshot_20200613-083741~2.png Screenshot_20200612-230638~2.png
  2. timecube Jun 13, 2020

You'll get noticed at approximately the same speed in your own thread as you would in a megathread.
    Anyway, welcome!

The watch looks very tired (e.g. heavily worn). Are you buying it or selling it?
    Regardless, you would need to open the caseback to see the movement inside for any reasonable evaluation. If you haven't done this before, you'll need to take it to a watchmaker or a jeweler to have them open it for you and take pictures. If you're thinking of buying it, I wouldn't without seeing what's inside.

What's the hurry?

3. CMcG Jun 13, 2020

Thanks for your understanding. Yes its wery worn, but its the only way to get my hands on Omega watches. It would cost too much for me to get some nice looking one (I am a student). So I am buying it and its an auction. Thats why I am in rush because it ends thmorrow. I am sorry but there arent more pohtos of it.

4. killer67 Jun 13, 2020

what kind of investment is this watch? 2 pics is usually not the best best way to buy a 70 year old watch

5. CMcG Jun 13, 2020

Its not meant like investmet. I saw it on auctions for good money so i wonder wheater is it fake or not.

6. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jun 13, 2020

Without mvmt. Evaluation, it is a $ 100 watch.

7. CMcG Jun 13, 2020

I know its hard to judge, but do you think that is it fake or real? I am sorry for those dumb questions but iam really curious.

8. timecube Jun 13, 2020

It is more than likely a "real" watch. Odds are it was made by Omega. More than that it's impossible to tell without seeing the movement. As Achim said - likely not worth more than $100. Perhaps less. Possibly more.

If it has not been serviced lately, it will need full servicing before you can wear it. That will cost at least a few hundred dollars.
    This assumes the watch is actually working. If its not running it could cost several hundred dollars to get it back in shape. You may not be looking to make a substantial "investment" but if you're looking to buy a vintage watch and wear it, some investment is prudent.

If you can pick this up for < $100 now and can't afford servicing, I'd strongly recommend putting it in a drawer and waiting until you've saved up enough to bring it to a watchmaker. But I'd also really suggest saving up money before you buy. For $200-$400 you can get something much nicer, for sure. Patience is rewarded. Impatience..... has its own (different) reward.

9. padders Oooo subtitles! Jun 13, 2020

You need to take a look inside to properly value it. Has it got a 30T2 movement? Is it an Indian civil service watch? Is it rusted to hell?

I personally wouldn’t take that on at any price. You can’t really improve that dial without destroying the originality and it’ll cost more than it’s worth to fix.

10. CMcG Jun 13, 2020

Thanks,

It is on about 30$ now. I am not going over 45$ with watch this bad. My plan is cleaning it a little bit (not movement) and onec in a while use it since it is so cheap and beaten down watch. Not planning to getting it serviced because it wouldnt be worth it I guess.

11. Badwolf Jun 13, 2020

Be patient, save up for a better prospect. This watch looks beyond saving.

CMcG likes this.
  12. CMcG Jun 13, 2020

Its not likely that its Indian. It is in auction on Czech website and the seller is based in Czech republic too.