Forums Latest Members
  1. Adumb Aug 19, 2020

I recently acquired this Omega from my father, and this was his fathers watch so my grandfathers. I believe its from early to mid 1960’s but thats about the best guess i have on it. Other than that i’d love some help identifying the time period, current value, and such. I’m currently looking into getting it repaired and in working order but just need to know a little more about it! Thank you!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Bencherman likes this.
  2. Dr No Aug 19, 2020

Could be a ref 135.011, fitted with a cal 601 movement. Have the movement serviced, but unless there are technical issues that only a watchmaker can assess, leave the dial, crystal, and crown alone as they're likely original. Also best not to have the case polished.

Update: it's not a ref 135.011. I've seen a 135.011 with a similar dial, but your case is different. Could be a 135.010.

Art

Edited Aug 19, 2020
    janice&fred likes this.
  3. OmegaP99 Aug 19, 2020

I see your update, and this is what I thought originally too that it was a 135.011 but they seem to all have screw down backs. This seems like a front loader. It also has the appearance of possibly being a solid gold case. Maybe recased?
    @Adumb Does it have any gold purity marks visible?

4. Adumb Aug 19, 2020

I am unable to see any purity marks on the watch casing, there are no markings whatsoever on the back of the case

5. Adumb Aug 19, 2020

I believe all i need is the movement serviced, it still begins ticking when i shake it but stops after maybe 10 seconds

also, the crown does not function whatsoever. It is stuck in place and can not be pulled out or twisted

OmegaP99 likes this.
  6. OmegaP99 Aug 19, 2020

In that case I would not advice doing anything until it is serviced. Once it's in a watchmaker's hands he can get pics of the movement and inside caseback which will reveal much more information such as who made the case and the year the movement was produced.

7. Dr No Aug 19, 2020

Could this be a 135.010 with a 135.011 dial?

OmegaP99 likes this.
  8. OmegaP99 Aug 19, 2020

We certainly seem to be getting closer.

9. Adumb Aug 19, 2020

Any advice on a good place to get it serviced? It is of extreme sentimental value and i’m not very knowledgeable in the watch world as of yet. Contacted an Omega storefront not too far from me who said they would gladly look at it once they reopen from being closed due to COVID, and said there would be a possibility if it needed servicing for it to be sent back to switzerland and would cost between $800 and $1,000. I’m not sure if thats a good price or even a good option. Some advice would be appreciated! Thank you so much

10. OmegaP99 Aug 19, 2020

Can you tell us where you are located? I don't think this needs to go back to Omega, and the quote is high for a time-only watch with no chrono or even date. Be cautioned that it might be higher than a standard service since you said the crown is locked up, so if for some reason the movement got wet and rusted then that's a whole other circumstance. Another reason to go to an indie watchmaker so you can both discuss and decide what to do as the watch is evaluated.
    There are watchmakers who very much understand sentimental pieces and will treat it with the respect it deserves once you indicate this.

11. Adumb Aug 19, 2020

I’m located in Long Beach, California

12. OmegaP99 Aug 19, 2020

Some members might chime in with LA-area watchmakers they prefer that you could stop by in person, but Nesbits service is in Seattle and are very popular and respected if you decide to mail the piece.

13. Adumb Aug 19, 2020

Awesome! Thank you so much again for all your help! Hopefully i’ll get it figured out what exactly it is and its value. I’ll update if i find anything interesting about it

OmegaP99 likes this.
  14. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 19, 2020

Looks like a reference LL6287 with an incorrect dial and possibly movement. This is absolutely not a Seamaster 600.

Gold content will be marked between the lower lugs.

OmegaP99 likes this.
  15. Adumb Aug 19, 2020

Meaning its possibly fake? Or just that incorrect parts were put together?

16. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 19, 2020

Possibly just fitted with a replacement dial at some stage in its life
    The original could have been damaged by water intrusion, or damaged by a watchmaker who didn't know how to extract the movement from this style of case in the correct manner.

Back in the day, watch owners weren't as pedantic about dials, fonts, the height of the "M" in Omega, the number of teeth on the crown etc.

They just wanted their watch to look nice.

Dr No and janice&fred like this.
  17. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 19, 2020

Just mismatched parts.

Dr No likes this.
  18. Adumb Sep 7, 2020

Update:
    Went to an Omega shop and the watch expert there also could not find the exact watch. He went through his reference book and found this and said to post it here. This was the closest we could find

5370EE6F-656F-4538-AA3D-BADAF4F5738B.jpeg
  19. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 7, 2020

OK, just to say it again your watch is NOT a Seamaster 600. The Seamaster 600 always has a screw back.

20. DON Sep 7, 2020

The reference number is on the inside back. Once you get it serviced. You can ask the watchmaker to write it down and then you can search Google or whichever browser you use to see what type of dial it should have.

I would just leave it as is. Dial looks fine and hands are a match

DON

vinn2 likes this.