Vintage omega help

Posts
1
Likes
1
Hello just trying to info on my late father's watch it's been sitting in the wardrobe I know nothing about it or value all I know it came from Covent garden i have attached some pictures hope this is enough
 
Posts
2,340
Likes
1,460
Caliber 471. 50’s. Reference #3971 (search Omega 3971) will bring up other examples

Dial may be something your father had done. Original indexes removed and diamond ones added is just a guess

Value more in family than sales due to the design
 
Posts
4,856
Likes
12,282
Dial may be something your father had done. Original indexes removed and diamond ones added is just a guess

Value more in family than sales due to the design
I agree, except I would note that the gold and stones will have some real value.
 
Posts
617
Likes
1,967
Solid gold tank watch, glass looks original, crown, hands and movement look correct; i'm not sure about the dial. IMO it's a nice piece anyway.
 
Posts
920
Likes
2,894
Looks to be a nice gold watch. Main value is gold content?