vintage omega 2179-4 military cal 30t2

Hello,

So I’ve been considering getting this watch from someone locally here in Texas. I don’t know much about Omegas yet and wanted some opinions before I move forward. The guy says it’s a military watch from the mid to late 1940s. Possibly from Europe. I want to know if this is something worth buying or if it fake or a frankenwatch. Any thoughts or knowledge is appreciated.

Photo added

The military engraving is missing, so as @JimInOz mentioned, this is apparently not the actual military issued version of the 2179. I agree that the dial doesn't look original, probably repainted far in the past.

The military engraving is missing, so as @JimInOz mentioned, this is apparently not the actual military issued version of the 2179. I agree that the dial doesn't look original, probably repainted far in the past.
Thank you! Does the dial being repainted significantly affect the value of the watch?

We don't know the price.

So it could be a nice vintage daily wearer if you like the look and aren't fussed about "Collectable".

We don't know the price.

So it could be a nice vintage daily wearer if you like the look and aren't fussed about "Collectable".
The seller thinks it is worth $1,200. What are your thoughts?

subtract 40%
Make it more like 66 2/3%.

The value in these watches are only in good original dials (which are very few).
gatorcpa

-40% for the dial and -17% for the ugly lume and -10% for scratched back and heavy polish.