Forums Latest Members

SOLD STUNNING & RARE OMEGA 2179/6 FAB SUISSE RADIAL DIAL

1. bernarddevos Feb 13, 2020

Hi guys,
    I am offering a fantastic Omega Ref. 2179/6 Fab Suisse Radial dial.
    We all know the story on the Fab Suisse dials ( meaning only for the French market ).
    I have owned some Heuer watches with Fab Suisse dials and they are always extremely rare.
    Not only has this dial the Fab Suisse text but it's also a radial dial.
    So I'll leave it to the real Omega experts but in my opinion this watch is in the "very rare" territory.

Dial has developed a great patina due to the radiation. It's something you love or you don't.
    Hands I am not too sure. Under UV everything glows as expected ( see picture ). Taking away the UV and the glowing immediately stops except for the minute hand that glows for around 3/4 second. So has it been relumed at a later moment in time ( with tritium )? I can only guess.

Very good case that looks untouched to me. Case-back has several very little nicks.
    No "Us Army" inscription on the back. So very probably the civil version and not the military version.
    Unsigned crown that looks original to me.

Mechanically the watch is running and keeping time perfectly. You pick it up and the seconds hand starts running.
    It was checked by my watchmaker. In his opinion a service was not needed.
    I still give a 12 month guarantee on the movement.

Ok, that's it guys. Pricing is again not easy. I think the price is fair. The only weaker point of this watch to me is the minute hand that has a different color. But I think by now we all know what guys like James Hyman can do. If you don't want to do it, I'll have it done. But then maybe I will not sell it anymore. :)
    If you really don't like my price but you still want the watch you can try a fair offer. But don't forget you are not the only one looking for a nice and very rare watch. And some collectors don't mind an extra dollar for something they really want.

Price: 1495 euros ( insured shipping and 18mm Hermes style strap included )

Payment: Bank transfer preferred or PayPal ( +4% )

Best regards,
    Bernard

fullsizeoutput_32fe.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3309.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3306.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3307.jpeg fullsizeoutput_330a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3301.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3302.jpeg fullsizeoutput_330b.jpeg fullsizeoutput_330c.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3303.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3315.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3314.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3313.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3312.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3311.jpeg

2. bernarddevos Feb 14, 2020

Interesting remark by dougiedude wether this watch should not have the 30T2 movement.
    So I'll ask for the extract to find that out.
    Best,
    B

Passover, dougiedude and DRjre086 like this.
  3. bernarddevos Feb 15, 2020

Previous owner found the original 30T2 SC movement.
    Let's hope my watchmaker can make it run again.
    I'll keep all the people that showed interest updated.
    B

rhetoric likes this.
  4. bernarddevos Feb 22, 2020

Sold to the right OF member. Thanks D. I am sure you'll love that watch.
    Thanks OF.
    B

DRjre086 and dougiedude like this.