Vintage Jenny Carribean / Philip Watch Divers

IMG_20221122_165318_342.jpg

This is the smaller 703 case. Jenny of course made cases for a bunch of other companies including Squale and Doxa.

Question for long time Jenny 70x owners: how does the case come apart for servicing?

I am not a watchmaker. However - they are so called "front loaders". There is no removable caseback. The bezel goes off first, then the plexi/chrystal - and then there are some gaskets (3 I believe). Then you are at the movement and - I am not a watchmaker and therefore should not write anything more. ;-)

… I am not a watchmaker and therefore should not write anything more. ;-)

I think I need to copy and paste this at the end of every one of my posts.

. The bezel goes off first, then the plexi/chrystal - and then there are some gaskets (3 I believe).

Yes, I have other front loaders, but without bezels (Omega Geneve Dynamics), so you can use a tool to compress and lift off the crystal. How does the bezel of a 70x case come off though? (Asking for reference for the watchmaker who ends up working on mine, since extensive googling hasn't worked yet).

Yes, I have other front loaders, but without bezels (Omega Geneve Dynamics), so you can use a tool to compress and lift off the crystal. How does the bezel of a 70x case come off though? (Asking for reference for the watchmaker who ends up working on mine, since extensive googling hasn't worked yet).

Is there something special about that bezel, most are pressed on and can be removed using a removal tool (https://omegaforums.net/threads/please-dont-pry-your-bezels-off.4845/). I suspect your watchmaker knows how to do it; however, post some photos from the side if you think it's an unusual bezel.

That makes a lot of sense and definitely appears to be a tool that would work! Thanks, @Dan S! I've seen crystal removal tools that work similarly so if course there would be one for a bezel 😁, just hadn't seen that post.