Vintage Constellation

Hello!
I have recently bought my first vintage Constellation watch, and i am now having a hard time to find any watch like mine online. All i want is to find some written information about the watch, and maybe even some pricings on the ones that has been sold.
Anything that you guys could know or want to say about the watch is very welcome!😀

I know the watch comes from a dealer in Japan, like most of the vintage watches being sold, and seems like it is from 1954 from the serial number. cs.jpg cs1.jpg cs2.jpg cs3.jpg constellation indeni.jpg constellation bagkasse.jpg

Plug in the numerals you see inside the case back and google it

Welcome

Lots of information if you just Google the reference number, 2782.

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Have you searched the reference on the case back on omega forums? This will yield plenty of comparison points.

Thank you all! Seems like a great forum, really like the threads in here

Yes i have indeed tried to search up the reference and i have come close to finding one like my own, but have not succeeded in finding one exactly like this one.
I think the tricky part for me is finding one with a white dial but also with the different sized gold markers!😀

Each reference often has a variety of dial variations and you won’t always find an identical example posted on the internet. It really doesn’t matter, it’s just another variation. The information you find about the reference is relevant to your watch.

Each reference often has a variety of dial variations and you won’t always find an identical example posted on the internet. It really doesn’t matter, it’s just another variation. The information you find about the reference is relevant to your watch.

Alright, i actually was not aware of that, i thought the reference number would be unique to each type of model, kinda like the serial number is unique to each watch! 😀
Thank you, big help!

Ever since i got this watch, i have been getting a tiny percent suspicious about it being redialed, even though the man selling me this said it was original 📖.
Any opinions on that subject would be appreciated 😀

I was able to find a white dial Ref. 2782 Constellation with the same markers. Note that the star is missing on this one, you can see the hole.

b809838c-031e-4c58-832a-4cf68914c160.jpg
https://marketplace.watchcharts.com...nstellation-pie-pan-2782-8sc-gold-cap-cal-354

However, comparing the fonts on the two watches, they do not exactly match, but are very close. Here is your watch:

x1824876-adeaf303a4b3ae25b44532c460dabf76.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Rk5ey5XN1e.webp

Ref. 2782 is a transition reference. There were many different dial styles. The markers match exactly.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

I was able to find a white dial Ref. 2782 Constellation with the same markers. Note that the star is missing on this one, you can see the hole.

b809838c-031e-4c58-832a-4cf68914c160.jpg
https://marketplace.watchcharts.com...nstellation-pie-pan-2782-8sc-gold-cap-cal-354

However, comparing the fonts on the two watches, they do not exactly match, but are very close. Here is your watch:

x1824876-adeaf303a4b3ae25b44532c460dabf76.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Rk5ey5XN1e.webp

Ref. 2782 is a transition reference. There were many different dial styles. The markers match exactly.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

Yes!
That is definitely a big help, awesome!
I do see some irregularities between the two, as you mention, but i must admit, i am no expert when it comes to recognizing text sizes and fonts in vintage watches.

Can the fonts and sizings be different as well as the dial, marker and so on?....

This watch was previously discussed on the forum, the marks on the dial left of Constellation text match up.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/vintage-bumper-constellation-needed-recommendations.171913/

I had bookmarked the thread as I think it is possibly a genuine dial and could fit the timeline as some sort of transitional white dial 2782 font but no other exact matches I know of have turned up. Since you asked about pricing according to another member the "proper price would be ZERO", another stated there are "many things wrong with it".

Some examples of unusual fonts appearing on later 2852s are posted here:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/ome...minute-ticks-my-watch-and-my-research.173736/

None are a perfect match but the swiss made position and crosshairs extending to the edges are promising clues on your dial, also the very clean movement, replaced crown, lack of corrosion etc are all good signs it could of survived with a relatively clean original dial.

So I have nothing conclusive but think the watch is noteworthy and the previous thread attracted some moronic responses even if the dial turns out to be no good. I would be interested in hearing what member qazwsx1 thinks of it?

I have a 2887 and 2852 but no 2782 👍

whitedialconstellations.jpg

Here is another of the same reference but mine is a -10sc. 1954 as well. All be it I’m looking for another crown, one that’s original. IMG_5024.jpeg

This watch was previously discussed on the forum, the marks on the dial left of Constellation text match up.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/vintage-bumper-constellation-needed-recommendations.171913/

I had bookmarked the thread as I think it is possibly a genuine dial and could fit the timeline as some sort of transitional white dial 2782 font but no other exact matches I know of have turned up. Since you asked about pricing according to another member the "proper price would be ZERO", another stated there are "many things wrong with it".

Some examples of unusual fonts appearing on later 2852s are posted here:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/ome...minute-ticks-my-watch-and-my-research.173736/

None are a perfect match but the swiss made position and crosshairs extending to the edges are promising clues on your dial, also the very clean movement, replaced crown, lack of corrosion etc are all good signs it could of survived with a relatively clean original dial.

So I have nothing conclusive but think the watch is noteworthy and the previous thread attracted some moronic responses even if the dial turns out to be no good. I would be interested in hearing what member qazwsx1 thinks of it?

I have a 2887 and 2852 but no 2782 👍

whitedialconstellations.jpg

All right so this is interesting.
I can see that the watch in the other thread looks like it is the exact same as my watch.
The world is small sometimes huh

I find it very interesting that the text sizes vary that much in the vintage watches
I do believe myself that what i have is a genuine Omega watch, i am truly just insecure about the dial because ive never seen anyone just like it 😀

Really am curious about why this watch in peticular is having different size text, is it from the factory or just a redial 😁

Your ricebead suits the case very well, likewise the brown leather.
Thank you so much for the input! Very helpful 😀
Edited:

Here is another of the same reference but mine is a -10sc. 1954 as well. All be it I’m looking for another crown, one that’s original. IMG_5024.jpeg

Looks great with the silver markers as well!
Curios about all the dots on the dial, is it patina or original design?

All right so this is interesting.
I can see that the watch in the other thread looks like it is the exact same as my watch.
The world is small sometimes huh

I find it very interesting that the text sizes vary that much in the vintage watches
I do believe myself that what i have is a genuine Omega watch, i am truly just insecure about the dial because ive never seen anyone just like it 😀

Really am curious about why this watch in peticular is having different size text, is it from the factory or just a redial 😁

Your ricebead suits the case very well, likewise the brown leather.
Thank you so much for the input! Very helpful 😀

If Hope&Buts were Candy&Nuts we would all be so very happy.

If Hope&Buts were Candy&Nuts we would all be so very happy.
Sorry, i am not sure if i understand your proverb 😀

2782-10 original dial
year 1954

correct crown
Good looking vintage
How do you know it is a original dial? 😀