Forums Latest Members
  1. ktmog6uk Jun 29, 2013

hi peeps,
    after wearing my constellation last week for a few days, i went to put it on this morning and to my horror noticed one of the caseback screws missing! i've searched high and low but it could be anywhere and i don't know when or where it came out, any clues as to whether these can be sourced? it's for the caseback pictured below (before i lost a screw!)
    [​IMG]

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 29, 2013

Have you tried Otto Frei or cousins UK?

3. ktmog6uk Jun 29, 2013

i can't seem to find anything on either site sadly.

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 29, 2013

Maybe your local eyeglass/eyewear shop?

5. Sherbie Jul 2, 2013

Check the hoover bag - once the better half does the hoovering, of course :)

6. mikewho Jul 2, 2013

oldswisswatches.com has back cover screws for omegas

7. ktmog6uk Jul 2, 2013

thanks for that, i've sent an exploratory email.

8. ktmog6uk Aug 8, 2013

still searching if anyone has any ideas? tried oldswisswatches but got no reply....

9. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Aug 8, 2013

MSN's advice is good. These type of screws could probably be matched at your local opticians. Also, try local watchmakers as they either may have a parts case or access to parts.

Good luck

Desmond

ktmog6uk likes this.
  10. ktmog6uk Aug 12, 2013

On a seperate note desmond have you any idea of a model number? i've perused you blog and the Omega resource but i can't find the same dial config as mine...and before you all shout at me i know the bracelet is wrong! i'm looking into sourcing one,,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Aug 12, 2013

Yes it's a 368.0855 with a cal 1011, but some earlier batches of these models had 168.0062 stamped on the inner case back, so it's probably worthwhile mentioning both numbers.

Cheers

Desmond

ktmog6uk likes this.
  12. ktmog6uk Aug 12, 2013

thank you very much for that desmond, i'd not been able to narrow one down to the same dial, most seemed to have much longer markers at 12. i don't suppose you know the bracelet number do you? and should this hack i assume? it's running fine otherwise apart from that pesky screw! the only reply to the emails i fired off was from sts who can supply a leather strap and a screw but want £150+ not including a service!

13. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Aug 12, 2013

I believe the bracelets have been discontinued. But it may be worthwhile checking with Cousins by phone. https://www.cousinsuk.com/ They will be expensive though if located and it may be just as good an idea to buy another watch for bracelet and future parts.

The movement should hack. 150 pounds is outrageous. Best source a local watchmaker who knows his way around Omegas and may well have a screw in his drawer.

These movements are fast-beats and will go awry if not properly lubricated and so it may be well worth your consideration having it cleaned and oiled.

Cheers

Desmond

ktmog6uk likes this.
  14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 13, 2013

Since the Omega Extranet is working today (seems the last update they did has quite a few bugs to be ironed out) and we now have a reference number, I can tell you the screw is:

Part #124ST2766 - SCREW M1.50X0.30 ØH2.3 L3.6 STEEL

Edit to add - This number applies to both case references above, so it should be a good number.

This might help you in your search.

Cheers, Al

Daniel B, ktmog6uk and mondodec like this.
  15. ktmog6uk Aug 13, 2013

thanks chaps, that should help a lot! what boggled me about the sts price was that it was without service! i am intending to get it done in the near future, i have a reliable chap lined up. i do have a document from sts to say it was serviced by them in 2010 so it needing a service less than three years down the line doesn't fill me with confidence anyway....

16. ktmog6uk Aug 13, 2013

Archer, are you uk based by any chance? it looks like i can source the screw from cousins, just awaiting confirmation they have stock, but i still need a service and although i have a chap i use i'm looking at your Omega Qual...any idea on a basic service sorting out the hacking etc?

17. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 13, 2013

Al is in Canada, I'm sure he has some UK customers though.

18. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 13, 2013

Indeed I service watches from all over the world. Couple of weeks ago I sent out 4 shipments in one day...1 watch to the US, 2 to Qatar, 1 to the UK, and 1 to Australia. Covered quite a lot of ground that day....

The OP can PM me if he wants to discuss service - one thing is that I do have quite a backlog at the moment...well all the time really.

Cheers, Al

19. Mothra Aug 13, 2013

Hi - I'm uk based and i use Al Jensky (Archer) - hes worth the wait and the stress of shipping to and from Canada. Here's a post on his earlier work:

http://omegaforums.net/threads/example-of-al-archers-work-constellation.4313/

20. ktmog6uk Aug 13, 2013

Thanks for the above, i may be in touch with Al once the screw is sorted out.