Vintage 1950s Omega watch or fake?

Found this Omega watch after my grandfather passed away. Interested to hear if people think it's real or not. If it's real is it worth trying to restore? I'm guessing it's from the 1950s and was purchased in Greece before he came to the US.

Better photographs would help. I lean towards real.

It is never "worth trying to restore" because the monetary cost is always greater than the worth of the watch in circumstances such as yours. That said... the decision is not logical or fiscal, it is emotional. Only you can decide whether the cost is worth your familial connections, and so forth.

The standard advice is to take your watch to a watchmaker and ask that the case back be removed so you (or she) can take pictures of the markings on the caseback and the movement.

Once you can do that, much information can be gained. Until then, all you can gave are guesses, though some of them will be astonishingly accurate.

Better photographs would help. I lean towards real.

It is never "worth trying to restore" because the monetary cost is always greater than the worth of the watch in circumstances such as yours. That said... the decision is not logical or fiscal, it is emotional. Only you can decide whether the cost is worth your familial connections, and so forth.

The standard advice is to take your watch to a watchmaker and ask that the case back be removed so you (or she) can take pictures of the markings on the caseback and the movement.

Once you can do that, much information can be gained. Until then, all you can gave are guesses, though some of them will be astonishingly accurate.

I agree with what he ^^^^^^^^^ said.

A new crystal and a service and I think this will be a nice watch.

Here is a guide to help identify it.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/how-do-i-identify-my-vintage-omega-watch.93146/

Found this Omega watch after my grandfather passed away. Interested to hear if people think it's real or not. If it's real is it worth trying to restore? I'm guessing it's from the 1950s and was purchased in Greece before he came to the US.

It's authentic. Your next hurdle will be finding a local capable watchmaker.

Art

It's authentic. Your next hurdle will be finding a local capable watchmaker.
What he said. Where are you?

Hmmmm, is it real? If you can see it, touch it, hear it tick, yes it’s real.