Forums Latest Members

SOLD VERY RARE 2ND EXECUTION HEUER AUTAVIA REF. 3646 "MARIO ANDRETTI"

1. bernarddevos Mar 24, 2020

Hi guys,
    I am offering the most valuable Heuer watch I ever owned.
    It's a second execution Autavia ref. 3646 aka "Mario Andretti".
    They don't come up for sale very often. Especially not in this very nice condition.

Please also note the very early serial number for a second execution. This low serial number goes along with the lume triangle bezel. Later 2nd executions came with the non lume triangle bezel. So really a rare bird.
    Here the link to onthedash.com: http://www.onthedash.com/chronograph/second-autavia-dial-second-execution-hands-reference-3646/
    Also very interesting: http://thoughts.onthedash.com/thoughts/autavia-early-in-depth/

Case is guaranteed 100% untouched. Look at the bevels on the lugs and especially the condition of the case-back and you will see yourself how good it is.
    Bezel has faded to a very nice blue/grey color.

Dial is extremely good for this 1966 watch. Subdials still really white. No wear or spots on the dial.
    Luminous material of hands and indices has that nice creamy color.

The watch was serviced by Abel Court in January 2019.
    I give a 12 month guarantee on the movement.

Model: Heuer Autavia 3646 2nd execution
    Serial number: 52340
    Movement: valjoux 92

The watch will be shipped fully insured with FedEx. I also include a high quality rallye strap by atelierromane.

I know these are hard times and thus not a great moment to sell a watch like this. I priced the watch according to these circumstances. You could say you get a 2nd execution 3646 for the price of a 3rd execution. I am taking that risk. Maybe the buyer will take a risk or maybe it might turn out this was an excellent time to buy. We just don't know. On the other hand I am pretty sure you will have a hard time finding a second execution Andretti at this price. I think most Heuer collectors here will agree. There were times not very long ago when this reference was priced much much higher.

Price: 13.500,00 euros ( FedEx shipping and rallye strap included )

Payment: Bank transfer is preferred / otherwise PayPal ( add 4% )

( I give a full guarantee in case of any issue )

Best regards,
    Bernard

IMG_3876.JPG IMG_3877.JPG IMG_3878.JPG IMG_3879.JPG fullsizeoutput_33aa.jpeg fullsizeoutput_33ab.jpeg fullsizeoutput_33ac.jpeg fullsizeoutput_33a7.jpeg fullsizeoutput_33ae.jpeg fullsizeoutput_33af.jpeg fullsizeoutput_33a8.jpeg fullsizeoutput_33ad.jpeg fullsizeoutput_349a.jpeg

2. Brook Mar 25, 2020

Wow, great looking early Autavia Bernard and at a very good price.
    Vintage Heuer's have taken a hit in the market over the last year, but this one should be snapped up.
    I don't see this one, in this condition being available at a lower price, ever.....
    GLWS - Brook

JanP and bernarddevos like this.
  3. bernarddevos Mar 25, 2020

Heuer was doing pretty well again the past 6 months, Brook. But of course the recent Corona drama has hit the complete vintage watches market. And that is very normal I think. People have other problems to worry about.
    Thanks for the kind words.

4. Diabolik Mar 26, 2020

very nice. would you consider trades ? if so what would be a good fit ?

5. bernarddevos Mar 26, 2020

On hold pending funds

Shabbaz, bazamu, kov and 7 others like this.
  6. JohnSteed Mar 30, 2020

smitty190373, bernarddevos and kov like this.
  7. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Mar 31, 2020

Ughhhhhh I am GUTTED that I didn't see this! Absolutely would have picked it up...my favorite Autavia.

8. bernarddevos Mar 31, 2020

Going to California
    Hahaha someone did a pretty good deal indeed. But no worries I still have a couple Andretti's in my collection.
    So who knows in the near future. :)
    Cheers,
    B

wkimmd likes this.