Forums Latest Members

FS UNTOUCHED OMEGA SPEEDMASTER REF. 105.012-66 CB

1. bernarddevos Feb 11, 2024

Hi guys,
    I am putting up for sale this incredible Speedmaster ref. 105.012-66 "Centrales Boîtes".
    I don't think this watch needs an introduction. We all know how hard it is to find one.
    I had a couple and I can say without any hesitation that this one is the best I have seen.
    It's a true "barn find", completely original and even more important completely untouched.
    This is how you want to find a 66 CB. Nobody polished that case, nobody touched the hands or indices.
    It has all the original parts like don bezel, fat neck pushers, crown, case-back, anti-magnetic cover,....

As said, the case is complety original/unpolished with the facet lines razor sharp and straight.
    It's extremely rare to find a 66 CB with the facet lines in this condition.
    Case-back in beautiful unpolished condition as well with the seahorse as good as it can be.
    Case has the scratches you would expect from a 58 year old watch that has never been refurbished.
    No major damage or corrosion though.

The dial is in perfect condition ( no stains or scratches ) with the hands and indices having the most beautiful lume color. When you look at these indices it only takes one second to understand what original tritium looks like.
    There is no relumer in the world ( sorry James ) who can imitate this. Look at the indices 1,2,3 and 4 and you'll understand what I mean.
    The hour hand is missing a little bit of its lume.

The original plexi has a crack at 12 o'clock. I would like to see the buyer keep it as it is but I'll try to be flexible.
    The DON bezel is very good. Let's not forget that these high-resolution pics show every little piece of dust or imperfection but you can trust me on this. That bezel is really good.

The watch is running well but it's hard to activate the chrono, so I would recommend a service.
    If this would be an issue for you I can have it serviced by my watchmaker.
    The movement is very clean. Serial 24.957.xxx is correct for this reference.

I am selling the watch as I found it, so without bracelet. No box or papers either.
    I did absolutely nothing to the watch. I didn't clean it, I didn't polish the plexi, nothing!
    I have a very good 1039/516 bracelet I can sell with the watch in case that would be important for you.
    ( of course at extra cost )

Ideally I would like to see the watch go to a collector that ( apart from a service and new gaskets ) would keep the watch as it is. Of course the buyer can do whatever he wants with it. I just think it would be a shame to have this case refurbished ( or the hands corrected ).

Price: €10,750 ( insured shipping in the EU included, outside the EU the buyer takes care of a label )

Best regards,
    Bernard

DSC_0585.jpeg DSC_0588.jpeg DSC_0528.jpeg DSC_0518.jpeg DSC_0546.jpeg DSC_0541.jpeg DSC_0544.jpeg DSC_0569.jpeg DSC_0548.jpeg DSC_0556.jpeg DSC_0554.jpeg DSC_0550.jpeg DSC_0581.jpeg DSC_0573.jpeg DSC_0571.jpeg DSC_0539.jpeg

2. hansaboy Feb 11, 2024

Amazing CB!

GLWS!

bernarddevos likes this.
  3. gbesq Feb 11, 2024

Wowza!

4. Watch my Whisky Feb 11, 2024

The fox is selling a fox! Glorious example!

Tony C. likes this.
  5. Dan S Feb 11, 2024

Can we see the crown.

6. Bille Feb 11, 2024

Beautiful piece - the buyer is going to be lucky person. GLWS

7. bernarddevos Feb 12, 2024

Hi Dan, sorry for the non intended lack of a good picture of the crown. Picture 9 shows it more or less.
    The crown is a 32 tooth wide crown. I know a lot has been said on the 66 CB crown ( also here on the forum ). Some are convinced it should have the 24 tooth flat feet crown, others tend to believe it could also have the wide logo crown with 32 tooth.
    I personally ( based on all the 66 CB I have seen and based on this particular watch ) believe this crown to be the original crown. Can I proof that? No I cannot.
    B

Edited Feb 12, 2024
    Lonestar and nik_t like this.
  8. pdxleaf ... Feb 12, 2024

This is a "Do not wear while driving" watch. It'd be very hard to keep your eyes on the road and not stare at your wrist.

9. hansaboy Feb 28, 2024

A friendly bump from your Swedish cousin!
    :)

Edited Feb 28, 2024
  10. Dan S Feb 28, 2024

I don't know if this is against the rules, but common sense suggests that it is confusing and probably inappropriate to post photos of other watches in a sales thread, so I reported this post to the mods.

11. ibis888 Feb 28, 2024

Amazing watch, really surprised it hasn’t been snatched up. GLWS.

12. bernarddevos Apr 1, 2024

Still available.