Unknown old Omega watch, can any tell me anything about it.

Hi, everyone, Im new in this forum.

I just found this while cleaning dad's stuff. I dont know anything about it and was curious enough to ask if you people know anything about it.

I'm not even sure if its really a genuine omega watch, and I'm not sure if bringing it to a shop would actually help, they might laugh me out of the store considering where Im from.

Anyway,

The watch isnt working.
There is a date located at the 3oclock section, and the words 'Geneva' between the center and the 6oclock position.
The back panel hasn't any words stamped on it.
I can't use the crown, even to change the time.

Pictures attached.

I was wondering if its worth repairing or not? If anyone can tell me what model it is, or any other information about it, I would appreciate it so much.

It’s an Omega Geneve from the early-mid 70’s, with integrated bracelet.
Whether it’s worth repairing is down to you. The value isn’t huge as these aren’t particularly desirable models - probably a few hundred of your chosen currency, but if it has sentimental value then could be worth servicing.

I think this watch has a Tissot movement inside

I think this watch has a Tissot movement inside

@dirtyrotten What he means is a cal 1481, which is identical to the Tissot 2481, if I remember correctly. So it wouldn’t be incorrect, just not very desirable among collectors.

In terms of monetary value, the watch likely won’t be worth it restoring. But it might have sentimental value to you, which is a different story altogether, of course.

If you like the watch and want to wear it, then as an heirloom I can see the value in repairing it. Before doing so, maybe you can try wearing it to check that the bracelet fits your wrist, etc. While the watch can probably be repaired, the bracelet looks pretty stretched out and may or may not be long enough for your wrist. Integrated bracelets like these are hard to replace, and expensive to repair.

Not to be insulting... but try winding it, turning the crown clockwise as you face it. These watches do not have batteries.