Universal Geneve Watches On Ebay

Posts
1,524
Likes
3,158
Yeah the gold will be worth a lot ofc, i’ve tried comparing it to my compax and i’m not fully convinced. I compared it to my 22209 which should be from arround the same time. Especially the A and O and the thickness of the print makes me doubt it.

Not worried at all about that. It looks to be a early to mid 50s compax and probably one of the last . I would expect to see a finer and perfectioned dial printing process on later dials which would explain the differences when compred to the earlier dials ... check the Sala guide.
 
Posts
6,840
Likes
10,656
Sure. But I would do pick up only...
 
Posts
3,687
Likes
8,498
Scam aside, and just looking at the pics, is there such thing as a black dial 22297-1 ? (I think the topic of black dial versions of 22297 and 222100 has come up before, but I've always assumed some kind of franken, or redial, but I also can't remember all the details).
 
Posts
13,934
Likes
54,144
Scam aside, and just looking at the pics, is there such thing as a black dial 22297-1 ? (I think the topic of black dial versions of 22297 and 222100 has come up before, but I've always assumed some kind of franken, or redial, but I also can't remember all the details).
Yup… over the years these have always been viewed as Franken.
 
Posts
6,840
Likes
10,656
Word of warning on this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/257772805988

Obvious redial but interesting case. #115 can be right. 285 can be correct but not with JLC inscription. LeCoultre inscription is passable but the numbers are clearly wrong

 
This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Posts
6,840
Likes
10,656
It's sad to see dials like this ending up in made up cases (and with an ask of USD 14k): https://www.ebay.com/itm/189038675823
Curious to see what the eBay authenticators will say about it….
Edited:
 
This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Posts
41
Likes
55
They have a pretty good eye believe it or not. I bid on a 30s time only black dial 18k UG and they rejected it as a redial. To my eye it wasn’t redialed, and the seller bought it from a very reputable dealer. The reasons they gave (which I can’t find now) were fairly detailed. I know the Authenticator catches some heat from many people, but I think they are improving their service and along with that their knowledge.

That dial is wonderful. The rest of the watch not so much…and the price…oof.
 
Posts
6,840
Likes
10,656
Curious. Do you have a picture?
 
Posts
3,687
Likes
8,498
It's sad to see dials like this ending up in made up cases (and with an ask of USD 14k): https://www.ebay.com/itm/189038675823
Curious to see what the eBay authenticators will say about it….
agreed, amazing dial, would be nice to swap it into something more correct
 
This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.