Universal Geneve Watches On Ebay

Posts
1,209
Likes
3,069
please post a few pics, not just links, which will expire and then this discussion will be useless for the future

Very good point, thanks. There are lots of images in the listing but these capture all the info needed I think.

 
Posts
84
Likes
258
Don't let me put you off though. Some of my very best purchases have been slightly risky watches where it wasn't possible to find a direct comparator.

Having looked again, are the hour markers a very slightly different shape without the bevel that we might expect to see on a 204503 or 204605?

To my knowledge, that would make it the first solid gold reference with a ring of this type and actually very interesting.
Thank you Mazoue. Yes the ring combination is interesting and I can’t find any other 104503/4 example to compare with 🙁
 
Posts
13,935
Likes
54,145
Terrible pics, no inside the case pics, eye watering price for a 34mm three hander. Print looks odd.
 
Posts
6,840
Likes
10,656
Agreed but the dial looks nice
 
Posts
6,840
Likes
10,656
ÌMHO definitely not correct
 
Posts
270
Likes
624
Posts
1,209
Likes
3,069
If the dial were from a gold capped watch, I think it would have a gold coloured logo and not a steel/silver coloured one.
 
Posts
121
Likes
475
Cool case but as per the description "may be polished in the past".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ar...849143?hash=item42290229b7:g:870AAOSwRFxgCZwH

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
 
This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Posts
270
Likes
624
If the dial were from a gold capped watch, I think it would have a gold coloured logo and not a steel/silver coloured one.
Well yeah, but assuming the applied logo can be replaced easily.
My question is, is there any difference in the dial print between gold and SS versions?
 
Posts
6,840
Likes
10,656
What's pretty unique is that both the case and the caseback are numbered

 
Posts
968
Likes
2,363
I think all of this model of Colonial has that - mine certainly has. I've just checked in Sala to see if the Chronograph has that but it's inconclusive.
 
Posts
1,209
Likes
3,069
Well yeah, but assuming the applied logo can be replaced easily.
My question is, is there any difference in the dial print between gold and SS versions?

There are differences in dial text even within particular references.

The dial having been replaced with a dial from a gold capped watch and then the logo swapped seems pretty unlikely to me.

I think it's more likely that the date window has just tarnished over time. Here's another example with a similar looking window. I think it's the same reference only slightly later with a Cal 218-2.

 
Posts
6,840
Likes
10,656
I think all of this model of Colonial has that - mine certainly has. I've just checked in Sala to see if the Chronograph has that but it's inconclusive.
Interesting. May be the only reference