Universal Geneve Tri-compax Moonphase

I saw this watch coming out yesterday night and I am ready to buy it.

Can somebody tell me if it's really a good deal ?

On my side, It's more the emotions that speaks, it's a "coup de coeur" but I would like to know if I make a great deal or just something fair.

The shop is asking 6500 Eur and here is the description:

Rare opportunity to acquire a Universal Genève Tricompax chronograph in stainless steel.

This example carries reference 22539, which features a large steel case, polished angels, brushed lugs and the much-loved 287 movement inside! This movement powers the entire watch and is more for an engineer than a watchmaker to repair due to all the complications (keep in mind this beauty was made in 1946!).

We have all the complications visible on the perfect original dial, a chronograph with 12-hour counter, annual calendar (day, date and month) and moon phase. Many Universal Genève Tricompax watches have their dials redone due to water damage, as the cases are not waterproof, or due to other damage sustained over the years, but this example has a dial in incredible condition for being over 80 years old! In addition to the dial in superb condition, the moon phase is still original. This part is also damaged or replaced on many Tricompax watches!

This watch was certainly kept in a drawer of the original owner (from whom we acquired this watch) has been preserved in untouched original condition! Overall, this is a stunning piece.

Rare opportunity to acquire a Universal Genève Tricompax chronograph in stainless steel.

This example bears reference 22539 and features a large steel case, polished angels and brushed lugs.

All in all, this is a rare, timeless, high-quality investment watch from Universal Genève that is becoming harder and harder to find in such pristine condition!

Please do not hesitate to contact us.

ADDITIONAL INFO :

Manual movement Cal 287 Universal Genève
Movement serial number: 190.839
Complete overhaul!
Steel crown
Original Universal Genève hands (and the rare red date counter at 12 o'clock!)
Plexiglas
Original dial!
Size 37mm without crown
Universal Genève steel case
Reference 22539
Serial number 1.034.252
Superb condition
Circa 1946
Sold with brown leather strap and steel buckle
1 year warranty
Purchase invoice

Price : €6500,-

Nice watch (almost) and I would be in the game but:
The damages on the case on the pushers/cown side really hurts and makes it non desirable - for me.

New Bitmap Image (2).jpg

Like 4
good eye!
That explains the (apparently) more than fair request for it

Like 2
The damages on the case on the pushers/cown side really hurts and makes it non desirable - for me.

New Bitmap Image (2).jpg
Good catch. I was struggling as to why it looks so good for the price and the sickening sales copy raised my suspicions. OP if you are going to post photos, don’t make it so dammed hard to scroll through them. Sad but this is a hard pass for me.

Like 1
What is going on with the case? Is that a giant hole around the pusher? The pictures are low resolution on my phone and I can't really tell.

I'm reading up on UG for my next acquisition and learning as much as I can before trying to buy something.

Like 1
What is going on with the case? Is that a giant hole around the pusher? The pictures are low resolution on my phone and I can't really tell.

I'm reading up on UG for my next acquisition and learning as much as I can before trying to buy something.
A over sized watch this nice is not selling for E6500. Secondly the sales copy doth protest too much. “Too good to be true” warning lights appear. It looks all in order till you see the fact that there is a massive hole around the stop start pusher. Also no inside case back shot. When was the last time anyone saw “Swiss” stamped under the reference number? I’ve looked at a lot of watches in my tenure. Seems strange to me. Get yourself an on line copy of the Sala book. OF is probably the best data base of UG info on the web so spend time here.

Like 2
as far as i remember the issue was disclosed in the add - at least on Chrono.

Like 1
It is disclosed on C24, but not sure where the above copy is from that the OP posted.

Bummer and surprised to see such major case damage when everything else looks to be very nice condition.

Like 2
According to the seller the definition of untouched is 'they did not touch it'. #nojoke

According to the seller the definition of untouched is 'they did not touch it'. #nojoke
At least that's honest and somehow not wrong o_0
But at the same time a little bit questionable...
So hard to trust dealers these days.

Not wrong? It is a blatant lie

Anyway: description will be updated!

Like 1

New Bitmap Image (2).jpg

Good eye, without the zoom and on my phone, it was not so obvious.

Like 1
Good catch. I was struggling as to why it looks so good for the price and the sickening sales copy raised my suspicions. OP if you are going to post photos, don’t make it so dammed hard to scroll through them. Sad but this is a hard pass for me.

My apologies, I spoke with the buyer and I was a little bit excited to not lose a good deal so I screen shot and I send it this way.

First of all, thanks for all your answers and you expert's advice.
It's true that I always wanted an UG but never found the right one.
Here, apparently it was to good to be true again.
About the description, I join the original link which I translated from french on deepl.
https://www.sometimespassion.com/pa...ronograph-full-annual-calendar-moonphase-from
My idea was to trade one of my speedy (a No Nasa in bad shape but unpolished) with this UG but we didn't find an agreement on the value of my watch.
On the next one...

Like 2