Universal Geneve Ref. 12227 Legit Check: Redial Red Flags

Posts
269
Likes
624
Hi,

This UG ref 12227 came up in a local market and I can't find much information about this reference online. I was wondering if it looks OK to your eyes. Hard to tell from the photo but I have concerns about the dial.

 
Posts
6,821
Likes
10,637
Indeed poor redial (and 31mm so small)
Edited:
 
Posts
966
Likes
2,352
Anybody juxtaposing a hand on top of the A, in Universal, in a sale photo is trying to hide something.
 
Posts
296
Likes
360
Anybody juxtaposing a hand on top of the A, in Universal, in a sale photo is trying to hide something.

Anybody juxtaposing a hand on top of the A, in Universal, in a sale photo is trying to hide something.
Can you elaborate. I'd love to learn something new!
 
Posts
6,821
Likes
10,637
You want to see the full print so no hands hiding text. However I think these are snapshots made by the OP (and not by the seller)
 
Posts
296
Likes
360
You want to see the full print so no hands hiding text. However I think these are snapshots made by the OP (and not by the seller)
Oh. I thought there was a specific thing to look out for with the "A"
 
Posts
3,677
Likes
8,481
Oh. I thought there was a specific thing to look out for with the "A"
Pointy A, instead of flat top, can be a problem, although there are no absolutes with UG
 
Posts
13,902
Likes
54,076
Poor printing / fonts / outer track spacing …
 
Posts
296
Likes
360
Pointy A, instead of flat top, can be a problem, although there are no absolutes with UG
Looked at the pic of my polerouter and was terrified to see a pointy "A"

Immediately louped it when I arrived home to confirm that it was poor iPhone computational photography artifacting. 😰
 
Posts
269
Likes
624
You want to see the full print so no hands hiding text. However I think these are snapshots made by the OP (and not by the seller)
They're actually seller provided photos.