Forums Latest Members

Universal Geneve Ferrovie dello Stato MK 2 Crystal Replacement

1. JulianK Apr 26, 2021

Hi UG experts,

Thanks to @Rman and his wonderful thread, I found myself picking this beauty up from Ebay Italy.

UG FS.jpg
    UG FS 2.jpg

Suffice to say, I can't complain about the timekeeping ability although I still still have it cleaned and serviced. Although I did notice the crystal retaining ring is overlapping the "swiss made" text on the dial. I would love to find an original if not something a little bit closer to replace the current crystal.

I was wondering if anyone knew the part number or had a potential source for getting a new retaining ring + crystal for these guys. I tried checking the usual places but I haven't had any luck yet. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Rman and bgrisso like this.
  2. vibe Apr 27, 2021

Should be easy enough to find if you have the measurements. I always get a couple of sizes above and below just in case.

JulianK likes this.
  3. berrychlossom Apr 28, 2021

Does anybody know if the original plexis for this reference were signed?

JulianK likes this.
  4. Carlton-Browne Apr 28, 2021

Not to my knowledge but I don't know anything. I'd write a pm to the chap who wrote the book (on the other thread); I imagine he has had more pass through his hands than any of us. I'd provide a picture so he knows what you're talking about.

JulianK likes this.
  5. JulianK Apr 29, 2021

My unique problem is not a plexi but rather getting a retaining ring that won't block the "swiss made" text.

6. JulianK Apr 29, 2021

Very good point. I will send him a PM and hopefully he can provide some insight.

7. bongalaboo May 29, 2021

Hi @JulianK did you manage to find a crystal, looking for the same thing

8. JulianK May 30, 2021

not yet! Just got the watch in my hands last week and haven’t made the trip to my watchmaker yet.

9. bongalaboo Aug 23, 2022

Any luck @JulianK ? I can't seem to find the right size