Forums Latest Members
  1. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Apr 24, 2013

A while ago I happened to stumble in on an opportunity to buy a small lot from a seller who had a stash of NOS UG parts. It all started with some small parts but once we got to talk he brought out the real goodies. Some really “difficult” parts and some downright unique came my way.
    Start off with a panorama:
    [​IMG]
    Here are two bezels that fits both the UG Unisonic SUB and the Zenith 1000m - for which I am really glad. My Zenith bezel has started to flake.
    [​IMG]
    Over to a NOS case, crown, crystal and dial for a Polerouter ref. 20357
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some small parts for unknown ref.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And now for the really rare parts
    First generation Polerouter SUB dial and bezel. The kind with small lume-indexes within the bigger painted and the bezel with the rather naivistic painted triangle and first 20 minutes. Now if I only could find a watch to put them in...:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And now for something unique... Anyone seen one of these before? Has to be a prototype or testrun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Needless to say I am really happy owning these parts. The hunt for the right watches to complete them with is on.
    regards
    JE

bristnj, Mark020, Darlinboy and 12 others like this.
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 24, 2013

Great find :thumbsup:

3. danomar Apr 25, 2013

Dibs on any 16mm or 18mm steel buckles! :)

4. woodwkr2 Apr 26, 2013

Well this helps with our discussion of the Sub dials. Did you acquire any chrono pushers or hands? (PM me if so). I'd be interested in helping you average down your cost in the investment.

5. rolokr Nov 21, 2016

Great find, what a dial !

6. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Nov 21, 2016

congrats!

7. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Nov 21, 2016

Chrobar, S.Song, Jking and 6 others like this.
  8. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Nov 21, 2016

LOL...I fell victim

Jwit likes this.
  9. billving Nov 21, 2016

Same here sir...I need mushroom pushers RG for Climate Proof Compax 12299. Any shot?

Thanks

10. Dre Nov 22, 2016

Literally just finished watching The Walking Dead, straight to this!

Care to share some photos?

11. billving Nov 22, 2016

Sure. Give me s little time. I put some up later

12. Jonatan Dec 3, 2016

@styggpyggeno1 did you ever find the right watches to complete the parts with? It would be nice to see the evolution from parts to entire watch. Thanks!

13. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Dec 3, 2016

Not for the sub parts and I am not very active in looking for the right donor. Prices are ridiculous even for junk.

The black bezel for a UG Unisonic/Zenith 1000m I am holding for my Zenith - or more accurately for the day I am selling it.

The NOS 357 case - I thought I had a plan - I told it here:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/a-stainless-357.5828/#post-68125
    Still looking for a "shot" donor with a black dial.

I hold on to the parts - even if people are trying to pry them out of my hands from time to time. I am not in the selling business and I am never in a hurry when it comes to hobbies... when exit day (around ten years from now) comes we will see. If a fellow collector that I know to be a serious collector approached me and told he had a watch and actually needed one of the parts to complete a project (with the intention to keep it a good while - not just complete it and flip it) I would consider it but that has not happened yet - and I would of course try to buy his parts first...

Jonatan likes this.
  14. Jonatan Dec 3, 2016

Well I guess I wasn't direct enough. This happens to be a 20357 https://omegaforums.net/threads/ss-universal-genève-polerouter-serviced-700chf.46432/ and I would be very interested in keeping it.

I'm not trying to pry it away but just realized that the potential is there.

If you don't mind, please keep me in mind when you decide to let it go ten years from now.

Edited Dec 4, 2016