Forums Latest Members
  1. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jun 3, 2013

Not your ordinary 357 magnum but a ref 20357 Polerouter. Since I happened to come by a NOS case and dial I have looked for the right donor watch. Preferably with a bad case and dial. A week ago I bought this baby at a local auction site. It looked nice in the pics and I was surprised my low bid won. Once I got it home I soon understood my transplantation plan was off. This watch is way too nice to be a donor. Way too nice! The case just has some very small swirls and the case back some scratches. I would say it is untouched (no polishing done) and original. Dial has a couple of spots and oxidized “bezel” and hands. Original crown and crystal. Movement smooth and as of yet it has run 59 hours and still ticking.

OK – better luck next time – I just have to find a 20357 in worse state...:) ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one has the ref and serial between the lugs:
    20357-2

[​IMG]

My NOS case has the ref on case back:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cases, crowns, crystals are exactly the same but the Universal logo and globe on caseback of the 357-2 has more of a cast appearence compared to the NOS case: s engraved/etched/sandblasted appearence.

First the NOS 20357 case back:

[​IMG]

Then the 20357-2 case back:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jan 2, 2015

Bumbing this thread one and a half year later with a wrist shot (still have not found a suitable donor for the parts but I am not in a hurry...)

[​IMG]

Hijak likes this.
  3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Jan 2, 2015

Buying a watch for parts and then being unable to put it to death - sounds familiar. There are two or three pieces in my watchbox that were pardoned by the governor.