Forums Latest Members

UG Railrouter : does this constitute a Franken?

1. Moahunter Oct 27, 2019

2. rustynuts Oct 28, 2019

Perhaps the seller cobbled the listing description together from other, more original efforts - a bit like the watch!
    I'd call it a franken. Though all the parts do go together, who's to say what dial design or case material/finish originally matched that movement serial? Movement should have been serviced before fitting too - it's dirty/covered with fibers

Edited Oct 28, 2019
  3. Moahunter Oct 29, 2019

I'm pretty sure it's a Cal 1205
    By a strange coincidence this re-appeared on ebay. Looks just like the "Franken" case and dial.
    Btw the movement looks to be a 1205 and with the additional hacking mech. Did UG ever use that in anything other than the Railrouter?
    [​IMG]

4. rustynuts Oct 29, 2019

What I meant by movement serial isn't the movement caliber - as far as I know all Railrouters had 1205 and 65 movements - but the additional number you see on chronometres etc. As there were a few different dials in Railrouters and stainless and gold plated cases, who knows what configuration the watch that movement came in had when first sold. It could have had a stainless case with a "Railrouter Chronometre" dial? The ebay watch is a lovely looking thing but it's a bitsa priced far in excess of the value of it's constituent parts

Edited Oct 29, 2019