Forums Latest Members

UG Chronograph Repair Manual (scans)

1. bgrisso Oct 17, 2020

I bought this on ebay to help identify loose chrono parts in my collection, but also wanted to document for the forum. I haven't had a chance to study it yet, hopefully some good info here. I think some of this might be in Sala, but it's in French, so I wanted to check the English version.

UG Repair Manual Page_1.JPG UG Repair Manual Page_2.JPG UG Repair Manual Page_3.JPG UG Repair Manual Page_4.JPG UG Repair Manual Page_5.JPG UG Repair Manual Page_6.JPG UG Repair Manual Page_7.JPG UG Repair Manual Page_8.JPG
  2. aap Oct 18, 2020

Super cool!!! Thanks for sharing.

bgrisso and valjoux72 like this.
  3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Oct 18, 2020

Thanks Ben. This may come in handy as I have a balky reset on my Compax.

bgrisso likes this.
  4. yala Oct 19, 2020

Wow. Big thanks, this is unvaluable knowledge – I have sadly encountered watchmakers who weren't capable of repairing some of my 40’s chronos.

bgrisso likes this.
  5. Diabolik Oct 19, 2020

that a great piece of work by the chicago school of watchmaking ...

bgrisso likes this.
  6. bgrisso Dec 13, 2020

Finally took a moment to compare my pile of misc chrono parts to the printed repair catalog page. First thing to note is it appears the repair manual parts are printed at life size scale, so you simply lay the part on top of the illustration and it's an exact size match, which helps with identification.

Second thing to note is I ended up with a whole bunch of parts not on the repair page. Probably not all UG but I'm quite sure some of them are. When checking a similar parts diagram in Sala pages 69 thru 74 it is a FAR more extensive list, and I was able to identify more parts there. The trouble with Sala diagrams is they are printed quite small, which makes it hard, and also nothing in English. I would love to see a complete life size parts list in english for all the UG calibers.

So whatever this list of parts is on the repair manual is a small subset, I'm not sure the logic exactly of what's listed or not, perhaps these are commonly replaced parts in repair?

If anyone needs specific chrono parts that you see here, DM me. I will probably just list the whole pile on ebay, but if you catch me before things sell, I can pull individual items.

P1030314_adj.JPG P1030315_adj.JPG
    Edited Dec 13, 2020
  7. mikeo1 Dec 16, 2020

Nice of you to share this!