Forums Latest Members

SOLD Tudor vintage Big Block 94210 'MonteCarlo' Chrono. Grey dial. Rare.

1. noiseboyuk Aug 5, 2021

Hi all,

Now sold elsewhere, thanks for the enquires and to OF for the facility.

For your consideration is this very rare Tudor 94210 'Big Block' Chronograph from circa 1979.
    The watch is totally original and exceptionally hard to find in this unmolested condition.
    There were two 'exotic' dial versions of ref 94210 - black and red - and this earlier much more rare 'MonteCarlo' grey/orange variant.
    Many of these grey/orange dials have suffered from dial discolouration and paint/lume loss.
    Fortunately, this 40+ year old dial is in excellent condition.
    The hands are also top notch with no paint or lume loss.
    I have included daylight versus blue light comparison images, to show the excellent condition of dial and hands.
    The case looks to be only 'cuff' polished, with flat lug holes edges and chamfers still evident.
    Of course - there are a few minor scratches and blemishes as would be expected from a non 'safe queen' watch, but no major marks or 'dings' - nothing that detracts from the watch 'on the wrist'.
    Although there is no service history, the watch runs perfectly.
    It is powered by a mechanical automatic self-winding Tudor/Valjoux caliber 7750 movement.
    Winds and sets smoothly, crown screws down correctly, the date changes over exactly at midnight and all chrono functions work perfectly.
    It keeps excellent time with a solid power reserve.
    The watch is mounted on a Rolex 78360 bracelet with virtually no stretch c/w correct 589 'big block' end links.
    Please check out the pictures as they represent the major part of the description.
    I've found it very difficult to establish a price for this watch as I've not been able to find a comparable one for sale currently or recently.
    However, comparing it to the other less sought after variants currently available, I'd like to see UK £15500, including worldwide shipping and insurance, for this rarely available watch.
    Payment by bank transfer or Paypal F&F.
    I'm based in the UK.
    Please PM me for further info and images.
    Thanks for looking.
    T3a Tudor MonteCarlo 94210 14000.jpg T3b Tudor MonteCarlo 94210.JPG T3c Tudor MonteCarlo 94210.JPG T3d Tudor MonteCarlo 94210.JPG T3e Tudor MonteCarlo 94210.JPG T3f Tudor MonteCarlo 94210.jpg T3g Tudor MonteCarlo 94210.jpg T3h Tudor MonteCarlo 94210.jpg T3i Tudor MonteCarlo 94210.JPG T3j Tudor MonteCarlo 94210.JPG T3k Tudor MonteCarlo 94210.jpg T3l Tudor MonteCarlo 94210.jpg T3m Tudor MonteCarlo 94210.jpg

Edited Sep 27, 2021
  2. Bille Aug 5, 2021

Have never seen this model before - what an awsome watch - and what a condition. This is maybe the most beautiful Tudor I have ever seen.

GLWS

3. noiseboyuk Aug 11, 2021

Some interest but still available.
    Offers ?
    Gentle bump

4. noiseboyuk Sep 27, 2021

Now sold elsewhere.
    Thanks for the enquiries and to OF for the facility.

austinrap likes this.