Forums Latest Members

Tudor Prince Oyster 9050/0 fake or original ?

1. stefy56 May 20, 2017

Hello
    I just got on ebay this Tudor Prince Oyster 9050/0 of 1977
    moved by a movement ETA 2784 (no photo),
    34 mm case and complete with Rolex 7835-19 bracelet, final no. 357
    Polished case, brushed bracelet.
    I wanted to know if it was original. Thank you

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ICONO May 20, 2017

Looks fine

Great alternative to a Rolex Air King

3. chanbar May 20, 2017

I've never seen the back of the watch case with any text. Mine is blank and is from the 70's.

4. ncstate1201 May 21, 2017

I have had some but sold them long ago with the same caseback, so not much help as mine may have been a different date, but they had the text. I am not really certain that these were faked, maybe I am wrong, but I would be more inclined to think that it could have replacement parts. But looks fine to me. The fakers are probably to busy making red rangers even those are not entirely fake usually just a refinished dial and replacement hands.

5. Uniqez May 21, 2017

I've seen quite a few Tudors with text on the back. This one looks fine to my untrained eye.

6. ossfm May 21, 2017

I'm not an expert. I did a lot of looking when I bought my 94614 Date+Day in October last year. Here is a link to the thread I started. I bought the watch and positively love it. I think it is original. Mine is from 1993, so it is a good deal newer. That being said, I would expect some similarities as well.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/considering-this-tudor-date-day-thoughts-on-correctness.45714/

The text on the case back is identical to mine. I would expect the text to be there. It's funny, I don't think Rolexes had that writing but the Tudors did.

The hands look identical to mine.

The Tudor shield/logo lines up perfect between minutes 59 and 1. I'm not saying that is a tell-tale sign, but all the ones I looked at were that way.

The lume pips at the ends of the indices look similar to mine. By that I mean they look like perfect half domes. My reference number is 94614 and the dial is marked "T SWISS MADE T". The 94613s I looked at were marked with just "SWISS" which is what yours has. I believe that the 94613s were made earlier than my 94614. Therefore, I think marking like yours is ok.

I don't remember much about the indices themselves. I guess black-on-top indices with 6 sides are ok. Mine are only 4-sided and polished everywhere.

I remember some had just the minute markers like mine, and some had markers between the minutes as yours does.

I don't know exactly when but the best I could tell Tudor switched from Rolex to Tudor Bracelets some time in the 80s. Since yours is a 70s model I would expect it to have the Rolex and it does.

The crowns changed some time later, though I'm not sure when. I think it is much more recent. So I would expect yours to have a Rolex crown and it does. I don't know much about different types of crowns, if there were such things.

The concentric brushing on the lugs tops matches mine as does the polished case sides.

I particularly wanted the fluted white gold bezel. Yours has the flat bezel. As far as I know, the flat bezels were not gold but steel. Therefore I wouldn't expect a color difference between the bezel and the case, which your does not. There is a slight color difference between the white gold flutes and steel cases.

I didn't get much into the bracelets but I would expect the end links to be hollow.

I really can't say anything about the caliber.

Overall, it looks to me like you found a nice piece. I wouldn't lose any sleep wondering if it is original. Those champagne dials are rather nice in my opinion. I wish you all the enjoyment with yours that I have found in mine!!

Mafkees likes this.