Forums Latest Members
  1. tudor66 Apr 25, 2022

I am thinking about picking up this movement and hands, minus the second in hope that I will someday find a tudor sub case to build out my own franken snowflake. Who thinks I will will be able to even find a real Tudor case from the older snowflake era?

Yes, this might be a crazy idea, yet here I am considering it...

tudordial.JPG

2. JwRosenthal Apr 25, 2022

These projects are always so tempting….until you are already neck deep in the hole and have to decide if you are going to cut bait or go the distance- which will end up costing probably more than if you just bought one complete.

My advise would be to buy it for the parts (provided it’s cheap enough). Then if you happen upon a complete watch with decent case/bezel and trashed dial/hands- you have the parts on hand to jump on that project watch.

Paedipod likes this.
  3. tudor66 Apr 25, 2022

I didn't about that option, another reason in favor of buying this parts mess.

4. JwRosenthal Apr 25, 2022

Only if you can verify it is indeed an original dial, the movement is complete enough for a transplant, and the price is so ridiculously cheap that you don’t care if it sits in your parts bin for years.

tudor66 likes this.
  5. Linesiders Stripers, not snook. Apr 26, 2022

That handset and dial screams fake and will quickly get teased out. If you are going to put that into a real case you are really doing yourself a disservice.So to be clear, that dial and handset is aftermarket.

I sell one snowflake case per year, so they do come around but you are going to spend 3.5-4K on a case and put that dial and hands in it? You can build a 7928 or wait until a flake project comes along.

JwRosenthal likes this.
  6. JwRosenthal Apr 26, 2022

Fake dial and hands make this a hard pass IMO. Even if you (OP) get them for $10 and put them in a fake case (or real case)- you won’t be happy with it because it’s not what you want-which is a real snowflake.
    I would rather own a real Steinhart than a fake Tudor.