Forums Latest Members
  1. rolokr May 6, 2021

Im actually happy people would consider paying 3k for this bellow average Tri, the value just went up on all of my Tri-Compax !
    OP shos no case back or reference which makes it hard to judge ? Poor oversite by OP for accurate analysis, Larry is probably right PASS on it at 3K IMHO as well !

Larry S and Kay995 like this.
  2. 10H10 May 6, 2021

IMHO, this watch worth 3K, the dial is original (not perfect but in acceptable condition), the moon disk is original (the serial number must say if it matches the year production), the days/months disks are original aswell and appears to be in good condition, the movement is clean.
    The only parts to change/find are the hands for the chrono (hours & seconds), eventually the crown (signed or not, depends the year), and these parts are easy to find.
    BTW, if someone has a better Tri-Compax for 3K, please do contact me, I'm buying ! :thumbsup::)

Edited May 6, 2021
    DManzaluni and mikeo1 like this.
  3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 6, 2021

The juice ain’t worth the squeeze. Then again I know I’m super fussy about condition in gold UG Chrono. Caseback info missing as you have pointed out.

aap and rolokr like this.
  4. rolokr May 6, 2021

Unless I see the case back, serial number, and ref number, and better overall pics of the wear on the case, not sure how you would say it’s worth 3k ?

Larry S likes this.
  5. Walrus May 6, 2021

Ya i sent pics of a UG I was considering to two people I talk to here to ask for feedback. At least one of them recommended I send the picture to Larry S. Turns out I didn’t have to as I’m trying for something else the seller has, but I’d be happy if he told me it was a piece of crap I’d feel like I saved a lot of time and research. Then again I hear nasty stuff usually daily I had to tell someone they had to wait a half hour to get their meds today at work, they threatened to come back with a panzer tank and squish me like a grapefruit. That’s almost verbatim. I took tomorrow off just in case but I’m always grateful for any help or comments I have received. As the scammers step up their game it’s very valuable to have people who know these watches inside and out. I considered steering away from vintage for a while but there are still a lot of decent people out there selling legit things. I get it though everyone has way they prefer to be approached a certain way, @pdxleaf has hurt my feelings many times.

Edited May 6, 2021
    Larry S and pdxleaf like this.
  6. Andrew C May 7, 2021

I almost purchased a pricey Enicar recently, and decided to run it past an expert. He spotted something I would not have spotted, and told me to run away.

I RAN AWAY.

Larry S and Walrus like this.
  7. 10H10 May 7, 2021

What I see about the case is enough for me, I suppose that if there were dings on the sides or on the case back olivierw would have said it.
    I don't consider the serial very important, it just gives the year thus the eventual change of the moon disk and crown...

8. rolokr May 8, 2021

Average condition at best , could have SS case back ? Tri- Compax parts and can servicing can be pricey ? Could have other mechnical issues ?
    10H10 you always posted rare UG models in original and or mint condition ! Not really

9. rolokr May 8, 2021

Larry S likes this.
  10. MtnMarine May 22, 2021

This is a great video! Thank you so much for posting it.