Tri-Compax 22427 info?

Hi all,

Recently was gifted a 22427 tri-compax and would love to know more about it. Didn't come with original box or papers, and was an eBay purchase from a family member who believes it was produced in the late 30s ('37 or '39 maybe?). What do you all think? Good condition? Dial, hands, and case look original to my untrained eye. Crown is unsigned so I have no idea. Lugs seem a sharp for such an old watch, so guessing those have been polished at some point. Serial number blurred out by me on caseback.

Would love anyone's general thoughts on this, info you know of, or resources to learn more. Thanks and happy new year! IMG_9577.JPG IMG_9578.JPG IMG_9579 2.jpg IMG_9580.JPG

Redial and overpolished I’m afraid….

Redial and overpolished I’m afraid….
- Polish, this case had very defined facets so it’s sad that this happened.
- Re-Dial: Its not a good one, fonts are also wrong but its presentable.
- Compax reference. I'd have to say that this is a put together watch.
+ Moon disc, crown and hands are all original. Just service the movement, wear and enjoy.
Edited:

Like 1
- Polish, this case had very defined facets so it’s sad that this happened.
- Re-Dial: Its not a good one, fonts are also wrong but its presentable.
+ Here is another possible late 30’s early 40’s (if you want our opinions don’t blur the S/N) case. The left hand correctors are a tell. It’s in fair and presentable shape despite the polish. Moon disc, crown and hands are all original. Just service the movement wear and enjoy, might be worth scoring a mid 40’s dial.
Do you have dial examples of what a correct version should look like? Appreciate the help

Is 22427 a Tri Compax reference? It’s not ringing any bells for me…

Is 22427 a Tri Compax reference? It’s not ringing any bells for me…
I pulled out the Sala book and.....This is a Compax reference ... so I have to say franken watch at this point. Parts value only. Modified my initial impression.

IMG_9338.jpeg
Edited:

Like 1
Gift Horse, so don't look too critically and enjoy a gracious family gift.

12 people in the whole world will know, so wear and enjoy.

Like 7
Gift Horse, so don't look too critically and enjoy a gracious family gift.

12 people in the whole world will know, so wear and enjoy.
Right. Its still a good looking daily wearer.

9 are members here and the other 3 live a Monk's Life in the Tibetan mountains and only have intermittent internet connection, so they'll never meet you in the streets or cafes of the world.

Like 6
9 are members here and the other 3 live a Monk's Life in the Tibetan mountains and only have intermittent internet connection, so they'll never meet you in the streets or cafes of the world.
:D::book::::facepalm1::

Like 3
Appreciate the research, everyone. Will wear it and not worry about the $$ side of things. Merry xmas to y'all

Like 6