Transitional Speedy.

Hi!
First of all, sorry for the crappy seller pics, i know this about the Speedy: Transitional -68, Serialnr: 2655xxxx, Wrong Bezel (DN90) Lume is almost gone, the back case says 145 022 68ST HF, the hands, pushers and the crown are replaced on a service 8 years ago, but the parts are availble.

Is it possible to see if the shape of the case alrigth, the case looks rather worn and dinged, but i prefer that over an overpolished one.

No box, papers, bracelet just a Natostrap (Omega) Price just now 4750$. Maybe a trained eye can tell a little bit more, thanks in advance.
1.jpg 4k.jpg 5k.jpg 8.jpg

For $4,000 - $4,500 you can get a mint 3590.50. Personally, I would go that route if that’s your budget.

The watch you posted: the case looks pretty decent, doesn’t seem to have had a heavy polish at all. You point out the other originality issues. It’s a personal decision. If the incorrect parts won’t bug you every time you look at the watch… it’s probably priced fairly.

Can the old hands be reused?

Like 1
Lume is meh. There is wear around the subdials and step. Are the photos hiding more issues on the body of the dial?

Like 1
Lume is meh. There is wear around the subdials and step. Are the photos hiding more issues on the body of the dial?

Could be just glare from the poor photos?

this is a quick and easy answer friend. Pass on this watch and find a better condition watch. Have patience. But the dial is not attractive at all. Pretty much all of the value on vintage pieces is on the dial. Good luck.

Like 3
Good morning Mr Småland!
I can only agree with the comments above.
The watch has lost too much lume, that could be fixed with a relume.
But the dial is in a bad condition,
there are blotches around the subdials, and these can't be fixed.
The case looks very worn, and is not attractive at all.
And serviceparts...
And it might need a service...

You might want to look at the private watch sales here on the Forum??
And take your time, there are lots of nice Speedys to find!

Skärmavbild 2024-08-15 kl. 07.29.23.png

Like 3
There is very little about that watch which would compel me to spend $4750 on it. The dial is poor and the lume loss is the least of its issues.
Definite pass for me.

Like 1
There is very little about that watch which would compel me to spend $4750 on it. The dial is poor and the lume loss is the least of its issues.
Definite pass for me.
If i look at Speedmaster101 price chart a poor Transitional is 3300$, not working, damage dial and bezel, just for parts, so where does this watch fit in? poor+ maybe or?

I’d say poor+ (or between poor and running, but closer to poor), minus the cost of a correct bezel

Like 1
Good morning Mr Småland!
I can only agree with the comments above.
The watch has lost too much lume, that could be fixed with a relume.
But the dial is in a bad condition,
there are blotches around the subdials, and these can't be fixed.
The case looks very worn, and is not attractive at all.
And serviceparts...
And it might need a service...

You might want to look at the private watch sales here on the Forum??
And take your time, there are lots of nice Speedys to find!

Skärmavbild 2024-08-15 kl. 07.29.23.png
Hi Mr Skåne, i'm in no hurry so i'm just looking around, its been serviced 8 years ago with 5 replaced movment parts, don't know if they are called service parts, for me that is hands, pushers, crown, crystal, gaskets. Will probably skip this one, and i got this pic from the seller.
Trans 68 11.jpg

For $4,000 - $4,500 you can get a mint 3590.50. Personally, I would go that route if that’s your budget.

The watch you posted: the case looks pretty decent, doesn’t seem to have had a heavy polish at all. You point out the other originality issues. It’s a personal decision. If the incorrect parts won’t bug you every time you look at the watch… it’s probably priced fairly.

Can the old hands be reused?
Really like the step dials, hands, crown and the pusher is kept by the seller, but i don't know if they are reusable.

I’d say poor+ (or between poor and running, but closer to poor), minus the cost of a correct bezel
I could have lived with a bezel like that, it's not that bad, or? and i don't think it's a new A M. So its not even touch the Fair group then?

I could have lived with a bezel like that, it's not that bad, or? and i don't think it's a new A M. So its not even touch the Fair group then?

It’s irrelevant whether you can live with it. In regards to the value of the watch, it has an impact.

Like 1
It’s irrelevant whether you can live with it. In regards to the value of the watch, it has an impact.
Of course! I was thinking of how it looks, the appearance of the watch not the value, i understand that a D O N raises the value compare to a D N N.

ok. Your comment was in reply to the chat about value and condition rating, hence my comment about how it impacts the value.

Like 1
ok. Your comment was in reply to the chat about value and condition rating, hence my comment about how it impacts the value.
Regarding value then, what's a fair price for a watch like this? if it's okay to ask that (forum rules). I know it's hard to say if you don't have it in your hand, or better pics, just interessed.

I’d say around $3500.

However, if I was offered it for that amount, personally I’d pass.

Like 2
Since nobody seemed to answer your original question... yes, the case looks correct for a 68 transitional, in particular, that thin side case surface is typical for 68's. I generally agree with the consensus as to condition and that I too would pass on this one and look for something a bit better condition, but everything has a price, so perhaps hit the seller with a real aggressive low offer and see what happens :).

Like 3